Sony World Photography Awards Competition 2020 for Student and Professional Photographers Worldwide (USD30,000 Prize Money)
Marking its 12th anniversary, Sony World Photography Awards — the world’s largest photography competition has opened for entries, for 2019.
- Professional: 14th January, 2020 – 1300 GMT
- Open: 7th January, 2019 – 1300 GMT
- Student Focus: 29th November, 2019 – 1300 GMT
- Youth Competition: 30th June 2019 (For June)
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): The hugely popular Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, featuring a selection of winning, shortlisted and commended images, is curated at the prestigious Somerset House, London each Spring.
Fields of Competition:
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work
- Open – 10 categories, rewarding the best single images
○ National Awards – Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality (please check if your individual country is participating).
- Youth – for all photographers aged 12-19, a single image responding to one brief
- Student Focus – for those studying photography
About the Award: Open to all photographers, the Awards are an authoritative voice in the photographic industry that has the power to shape the careers of its winning and short-listed photographers. Each year the competition attracts both emerging talent and established artists and presents the world’s best photography from the last 12 months to a global audience.
The World Photography Organisation is a global platform for photography initiatives. Working across more than 180 countries, their aim is to raise the level of conversation around photography by celebrating the best imagery and photographers on the planet.
The Sony World Photography Awards has four competitions:
- Professional – Recognising outstanding bodies of work
- Open – Rewarding the world’s best single images
- Youth – Best single images by photographers aged 12-19
- Student – For photography students worldwide
Eligibility: All submitted images must have been taken in 2016.
View individual eligibility, selection criteria and procedure for each competition on the Competition Webpage (Right-Hand Corner)
Value of Competition: Global exposure is given to not only to the overall winners, but also to shortlisted and commended photographers.
Recognised photographers can receive:
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the annual Sony World Photography Awards book
- Potential to work with Sony and other partners on a variety of projects
How to Apply:
Award Provider: World Photography Organisation
Important Note: You can only enter one of the following competitions: Professional, Open or Youth.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy