TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. The aim is to stimulate excellent students from Sub-Saharan countries and strengthen our relationship with the countries they come from.
Application Deadline: 12th December 2021 (23:59 CET)
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
About the Award: These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative of the university aims to work together with scientists and entrepreneurs in developing countries to make an impact and improve people’s lives. We use cutting-edge science and technology to find solutions that will benefit everyone.
- Admitted to one of TU Delft’s 2-year MSc programs.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree.
- A BSc degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
Number of Awardees: 4 per faculty
Value of Scholarship: €25.000 per year for Sub-Saharan students, which includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be our ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply:
Check if you’re eligible for this scholarship
2. Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
3. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
4. Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document), according to indicated requirement and before the application deadline indicated above
To be considered for a scholarship, upload your reference letters before you submit the application and before the scholarship deadline or have your referee/s send the letter/s before the scholarship deadline.
Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application or if uploaded/received after the scholarship deadline.
5. Upload the English language certificate
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
All documents required for the scholarship must be submitted together with the MSc Application. After submission no additional documents can be uploaded
To be considered for this scholarship you must
• Be (conditionally) admitted to the MSc programme
• have submitted a complete application before the scholarship deadline