Deadline Extended: TU Delft Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships 2019/2020 for African Students – The Netherlands
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. The aim is to stimulate excellent students from Sub-Saharan countries and strengthen our relationship with the countries they come from.
Application Deadline: 15th December (extended from 1st December) 2018 (23:59 CET)
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
About the Award: These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative of the university aims to work together with scientists and entrepreneurs in developing countries to make an impact and improve people’s lives. We use cutting-edge science and technology to find solutions that will benefit everyone.
- Admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc programs.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree.
- A BSc degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned countries.
Number of Awardees: 4 per faculty
Value of Scholarship:
- Full fee waiver for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years.
- Membership to the Scholarship Club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be our ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply:
- To be considered for these scholarships, your complete application for an MSc programme must be uploaded before 1 February 2019.
- Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document, check admission requirements)
- Only students meeting this deadline and who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft will be considered for these scholarships.
Award Provider: TU Delft