Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme 2020/2021 (Funded to Study at University of Copenhagen)
Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme is awarded to students from select universities in the world to study at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. Students from Africa for the programme this year are expected to come from the University of Cape Town and other IARU Universities (See Universities List below).
- 25th October, 2019
- 1st April, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Universities: The International Alliance of Research Universities are:
- University of Cape Town
- Australian National University
- ETH, Zürich
- National University of Singapore
- Peking University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- The University of Tokyo
- Yale University
Harvard University is also included in the Novo Nordisk International Talent Program.
To be taken at (country): University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligible Field of Study: Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Public Health, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Human Nutrition, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Immunology and Inflammation, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Medicine, Medicine and Technology, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
About the Award: Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme is a scholarship programme set up to assist students from the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU) in a range of select academic fields seeking to study abroad at the University of Copenhagen.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, candidate must:
- be enrolled in a degree programme at a IARU university or Harvard University
- apply for admission to UCPH as an exchange or guest student
- study at third year Bachelor’s level or Master’s level while at UCPH in one of the following programmes:
Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Public Health, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Human Nutrition, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Immunology and Inflammation, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Medicine, Medicine and Technology, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- meet a GPA requirement of minimum 3
- engage in study activities pertaining to metabolism, insulin, haemoglobin and obesity
Selection Criteria: The programme gives priority to applicants who display a strong academic background and have submitted an ambitious study plan for their stay at the University of Copenhagen.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship may be spent towards the cost of tuition fees, travel costs, insurance, and other expenses incurred in connection with studying abroad at UCPH.
- The scholarship will typically amount to approximately EURO € 1200 a month. Depending on the costs and length of the study abroad at UCPH, it may increase up to EURO € 26000 in total.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships are awarded for up to one academic year.
How to Apply: To submit an application, you will be required to prepare following documents:
- Application form containing a motivated study plan and a list courses you plan to attend during your study abroad – download here
- Transcript of records in English from your Bachelor’s programme and Master’s degree programme (if applicable)
Please fill in the form electronically and attach all documents as PDF files. Please do not attach recommendations.
You will be requested to submit your GPA, including both Bachelor’s and Master’s grades (if you have Master’s grades). Please use this GPA calculator.
If you are applying from the National University of Singapore, the NUS CAP wil be converted to GPA by multiplying the NUS CAP with 0,80.
You may expect to hear about the outcome of your application 4-8 weeks after the application deadline.