Northumbria University International Academic Scholarship for International Students 2017/2018 (2.2 Scholarships Available)
Northumbria University, the largest regional university in the UK offers an International Scholarships scheme to incoming masters students with at least an upper second class Honours degree (UK) or equivalent from an overseas university, or a lower second class and a Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country):UK
About the Award: Usually applicants for the University Post Graduate Research scholarship are expected to have at least an upper second class Honours degree (UK) or equivalent from an overseas university, or a lower second class and a Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
International students, joining full-time courses, who have achieved very good grades in their highest previous academic qualifications, may be eligible for a scholarship of either £2000 or £1500, depending on the grades you achieved.
The scholarships are offered as a reduction in the tuition fees, for the first year of study and apply to all full-time Bachelors, Masters and Research degree programmes.
Eligibility: You will qualify for a scholarship if:
- You have an ‘overseas’ fee status
- You are a self-funding student
- You are studying on a full-time course
You would not qualify for a scholarship if:
- You are sponsored for your tuition fees. If you secure sponsorship for your tuition fees after an offer of scholarship has been made, then the scholarship will no longer apply
- You are progressing to study at Northumbria from a partner university with whom we have agreed reduced fees for progressing students
- You have been awarded another scholarship or discount, except for an alumni discount and/or early payment discount/team northumbria scholarship
Selection Criteria: Each student will be considered for a scholarship based on a range of factors including overall grades and individual subject grades, the level of the qualification, and the type of institution at which they studied. Qualifications from all countries will be considered.
Value of Scholarship:
- $1,500 – UK Honours Degree (2.2) plus a Masters Degree (70%)
- $2,000 – 2.1 OR 2.1 plus a Masters Degree (70%)
Duration of Scholarship: One-time
How to Apply: There is no separate application process, your application for a scholarship is determined once we have received your application form and academic documents from you. Details of any scholarship awarded to you will be indicated to you in your offer letter.
Award Provider: Northumbria University