University of Michigan Society of Fellows International Fellowship 2020 for Early Career Researchers
The Michigan Society of Fellows is awarding to outstanding applicants appointments to three-year fellowships in the social, physical, and life sciences, the humanities, and in the professional schools.
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2019 at 1pm (EDT)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): USA
Eligible Field of Study: Social, physical, and life sciences, the humanities, and in the professional schools.
About the Award: Each Fellow has a three-year appointment as Assistant Professor in an affiliated department of the University and a three-year appointment as a Postdoctoral Scholar in the Society of Fellows. This appointment is not tenure-track. Each fellow is expected to teach the equivalent of one academic year, i.e., a total of two terms during the period of the fellowship. Any subsequent appointment of a Fellow to a position at the University of Michigan would be subject to the rules governing new appointments.
Fellows are expected to be in residence in Ann Arbor for the academic years of appointment (September to May) and to participate in the activities of the Society of Fellows. Off-campus research leave during academic terms will be permitted only in rare cases, only for brief periods of time, and only upon written application to the Chair of the Society well in advance of the proposed leave. Any leave granted will count as part of the fellowship tenure.
Type: Fellowship, Postdoctoral
- The Society invites applications from qualified candidates who are at the beginning of their academic careers, having received the Ph.D. or comparable professional or artistic degree between June 1, 2017 and September 1, 2020.
- Applications from degree candidates and recipients of the Ph.D. from the University of Michigan will not be considered.
- Non-US citizens may apply.
- Only online applications will be considered.
- It is not necessary to send a transcript of graduate courses or grades.
- Applicants who have previously applied for the Society of Fellows’ postdoctoral fellowships may re-apply but must complete a new application.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The current annual stipend is $60,000. Fellows are eligible for participation in the University health, dental, and life insurance programs.
Duration of Program: Each Fellow has a three-year appointment as Assistant Professor in an affiliated department of the University and a three-year appointment as a Postdoctoral Scholar in the Society of Fellows.
Award Provider: University of Michigan
Important Notes: At the end of each fellowship year, Fellows are asked to submit a written report on their activities and accomplishments during the year.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
12 Best Computer Skills Employers Are Looking for – How to Use it to get a Job
25 Writing Skills You Need to Standout & Succeed in Any Field
Top 10 Skills that’ll Make You More Employable than Most People and How to Improve them