University of Toronto Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 – Canada
The University of Toronto Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) is offering fellowships to outstanding recent doctoral students from any university in any country.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Any research discipline across Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
About the Award: The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not discipline specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto. Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor, or supervisors, from the professoriate within the Faculty of Arts & Science.
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all requirements for their doctorate degree no earlier than May 1, 2018.
- Applicants cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country, and from any university. Successful international candidates must meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: These fellowships pay a stipend of $48,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum of two years.
How to Apply:
- Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure ([email protected])The form includes a one page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography are not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure ([email protected]).
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure ([email protected]).
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
Award Provider: University of Toronto
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World
7 Books Oprah Winfrey Thinks Everyone Should Read