The Drolor Scholarship Scheme is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates from the Shai and other Ga-Dangbe Traditional Area for Degree and Undergraduate Diploma programmes run by the University.
Application Deadline: 4th August, 2017
Eligible Countries: Ghana
About the Award: The University of Professional studies, Accra (UPSA) in cooperation with the Drolor Education Foundation and supported by the Drolor Centre for Strategic Leadership (DCSL) has launched the Drolor Scholarship Scheme (DSS), the brain-child of HRM Drolor Bosso Adamtey I, Chancellor of the University.
The Scheme is in line with the mission of UPSA to provide and promote Quality High Academic and Professional Education in Business and related disciplines by leveraging a structured mix of scholarship with professionalism.
The Scheme focuses on undergraduate education as a means of inspiring and supporting the next generation of scholars from the Shai and other Ga-Dangbe Traditional Area, by providing much needed assistance to brilliant but needy students from the area.
The Scheme is currently supported by funding from the Chancellor of the University.
Eligibility: The DSS applicants can be new or continuing undergraduate students.
Selection Criteria: This fund shall be used to assist eligible applicants from the SƐ (Shai) Traditional Area pursuing programmes at the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA). The Scholarship selection criteria vary:
- Applicants must necessarily be indigenes of the SƐ (Shai) Traditional Area or any other GaDamgbe traditional area applying or pursuing programmes at the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA).
- Academic performance, standardized test scores, class rank, and a student’s personal statement shall be used to determine eligibility.
- For incoming students, the scholarship fund shall be used to serve a recruiting function and shall therefore be evaluated in a competitive context by prospective recipients.
- For students already on campus, the scholarship fund shall be used to recognize concrete achievements during a student’s career at UPSA and may also permit students to continue at the University when their financial resources might not otherwise permit them to do so.
- In most instances, the application for admission, including the required personal statement, shall be sufficient for award consideration.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships cover tuition only.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
How to Apply: All applications must be forwarded to the Drolor Centre for Strategic Leadership Secretariat at UPSA.
Award Provider: The University of Professional studies, Accra (UPSA)