Acumen West Africa Fellows Programme (Fully Funded Leadership Programme for Emerging Leaders) 2023
Acumen West Africa Fellows Program is a one-year leadership development program designed to build the next generation of social leaders with the audacity to transform society and create a better, more inclusive world.
Application Deadline: 12th July, 2022
Eligible Countries: Countries in West Africa
To be taken at (country): Fellow’s Home country
About the Acumen West Africa Fellows Programme: The program equips extraordinary individuals from across East and West Africa with the knowledge, support system and practical wisdom to unlock their full potential and drive positive change in society. Fellows are bright minds and big thinkers who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their country. Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty in their community through their work.
Eligibility for Acumen West Africa Fellows Programme:
- Innovators who either started an organization or enterprise, or who are driving change within an existing organization or company.
- Men and women of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
- East Africans who demonstrate a commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive yearlong personal transformation and leadership journey.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Acumen West Africa Fellows Programme: Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while taking part in five week-long seminars, where they receive the tools, training and space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, build a strong network of social leaders from across their region and around the world.
- Join a diverse cohort of social change leaders in a rigorous year-long experience
- Improve your capacity to innovate and drive change with a mix of in-person and online seminars
- Part-time — you stay in your job while participating in four 5-day seminar in various locations across West Africa
Beyond Year 1
- Be a part of a lifelong fellowship that extends beyond your first year
- Join a larger local and global community committed to a world beyond poverty and injustice
West Africa is home to some of the world’s fastest growing economies – yet it will require a different type of leadership to ensure that the fruits of this growth are felt by all. It will require leaders grounded in integrity, and relentless in their pursuit of equity and justice. The West Africa Fellowship will bring together entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and organization-builders from both the public and private sectors who are modeling this leadership, and who are hungry to do more.
Duration of Fellowship: 1 year
How to Apply: Our application process consists of these four steps.
Step 1: Apply online — Applications open 1 June and close 12 July
Step 2: Receive your online assignments in August
Step 3: Attend the Selection Conference in November 11 & 12
Step 4: Our Fellows are selected in December
When will you find out?
Step 1: Our Fellows are selected in early December
Step 2: Fellows are announced in January 2023