Newcastle University Postgraduate Scholarship in Medical Sciences 2017/2018 for International Students
The Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship awards are available for international students starting their studies in Medical Sciences, in the 2017-18 academic year.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): Newcastle University UK
Eligible Fields of Study: Ageing and Health, Animal Behaviour, Biotechnology and Business Enterprise, Biosciences, Cancer, Cardiovascular Science in Health and Disease, Diabetes, Epidemiology, Evolution and Human Behaviour, Immunobiology, Medical and Molecular Biosciences, Medical Genetics, Medical Sciences, Mitochondrial Biology and Medicine, Molecular Microbiology, Neuromuscular Diseases, Neuroscience, Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Systems Biology, Toxicology, Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Transplantation, MSc Medical Sciences.
About the Award: Newcastle University offers partial scholarship awards to encourage well-qualified graduates assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake taught postgraduate study. Each award is worth £1,500 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. Research postgraduates and fully funded taught postgraduates are not eligible to receive these awards.
Type: Medical Sciences MSc
Eligibility Criteria: Available to self-funding international (non-EU) candidates.
Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Faculty of Medical Sciences International Masters Excellence scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2017/18 academic year
- registered for one of the following eligible courses
- wholly or partially self-financing
- defined as ‘international’ for fee purposes
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes
- MPhil, doctoral (eg,PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma,
- Holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’.
Number of Awardees: not specified
Value of Scholarship: £1,500 payable towards tuition fees
Duration of Scholarship: from September 2017 for one year
How to Apply: Interested candidates will be automatically considered for a scholarship upon acceptance of an unconditional or conditional offer.
Scholarship Provider: Newcastle University UK