Denys Holland Scholarship for Financially Challenged Students 2021/2022 at University College London, UK
The Denys Holland Foundation is offering scholarship opportunities to financially challenged students who are willing to undertake undergraduate studies at University College, London.
Application Deadline: 2nd July, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, and who can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
Type: Undergraduate (Taught)
Eligibility: Candidates should be:
- holding a valid UCL Student Number or UCAS Application Number
- holding an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study commencing in September 2020, in any department;
- in financial need;
- able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university;
- preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing their studies.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, subject to applicants demonstrating their intention to play a full part in extracurricular activities of UCL and the Students Union.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress and scholars may choose to use all or part of the scholarship to cover fees. Any remainder is paid to the scholar as a maintenance award.
- The scholarship may be held alongside other grants, bursaries, awards or scholarships, provided annual total funding does not exceed the cost of fees plus a reasonable sum for maintenance in any one year (as determined by UCL).
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is for one year in the first instance, but will be renewed subject to satisfactory progress, for up to a total of three years.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should visit the scholarship webpage to apply.