University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar Awards 2020 for International PhD Students
The University of Manchester has recently launched £2.5m investment in PhD training with the President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards.
Application Deadline: 17th January, 2020
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: Alliance Manchester Business School provides a thriving research environment, and the opportunity to work with the top international scholars in the full range of business and management disciplines, accounting and finance, and information systems. The University normally has a range of scholarships, studentships and bursaries available for students commencing their doctoral studies. The University seeks exceptional students who will both benefit from, and make a contribution to, our research community.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates:
- must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with Distinction.
- should have a track-record of research engagement (including relevant research experience and dissemination) and/or potential for outstanding research, as demonstrated in the quality of the proposal submitted as part of the application.
Selection Criteria: Consideration will be based on academic track record and evidence of research potential.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an additional £1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
They will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend a series of exclusive events where you’ll have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Award students
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars
- Become a PDS Award ambassador for the University
- Receive a President’s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation
- Benefit from our extensive postgraduate researcher development and training
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
How to Apply:
- To be considered for one of these awards, candidates are required to submit an Alliance MBS PhD application and indicate that you wish to be considered for this funding opportunity.
- Candidates are advised to submit the application as early as possible. Candidates who do not submit the required supporting documents by the specific deadlines will not be considered.
Award Provider: University of Manchester, UK