FDPS is offering Pre-Masters scholarships to provide international students with a thorough preparation for entering demanding Master’s degrees at British universities or at universities, research institutes or business schools abroad where the language of instruction is English.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): United Kingdom
About the Award: The Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies is one of the longest running and most comprehensive Pre-master’s programmes in the UK and provides a complete package of preparation for postgraduate study including academic subjects, a research project and research methods classes, as well as academic English and study skills.
The SOAS pre-master’s programme is a ten-month course providing academic and language preparation for international students who want to enter Master’s degrees (taught and researched) at British universities in Social Science, Business and Management-related studies, Arts and Humanities.
The FDPS Progression Scholarships scheme will run for a fifth year for students starting their Pre-master’s in 2020.
Once again we will be awarding six scholarships to students joining FDPS in September 2020. We will double the value of the scholarship to £2000 if you go on to a Master’s degree at SOAS starting in September 2021. FDPS students are guaranteed offers on Master’s programmes at SOAS. See the FDPS Progression page for a full list of the marks required for entry to each Master’s programme.
Type: Pre-Masters Studies
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you need to accept the offer of a place before 31 May 2020 so please apply early. You can find the application form on the FDPS programme page.
- You won’t need to apply separately for the scholarships. In June we’ll consider all students who have accepted offers by the end of May.
- If you enrol on to a Master’s at SOAS in 2020, you’ll receive the £1000 scholarship as well as the 5% fee discount which all FDPS students going on to SOAS receive, so you’ll save over £2000 on your Master’s fees.
Number of Awardees: Six(6) scholarships
Value of Scholarship:
- £1000 will be deducted from the balance of the fees owed by each of the scholarship winners which should be paid by the first day of the programme – 23 September 2020. Please note that, in order to apply for a visa to study on FDPS, students will need to meet the English language requirements for study at pre-master’s level.
- A further £1000 will be deducted from the scholarship winners’ postgraduate fees if they enrol on a postgraduate programme at SOAS in September 2020. This will be in addition to the 5% fee discount offered to all FDPS students progressing to SOAS.
Duration of Scholarship: Ten months
How to Apply: You can find the application form on the FDPS programme page.
At AfterSchoolAfrica, we believe in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.