Scholarship Name: 2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme
Shell Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Nigerian Universities 2013/2014 in two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
Accepted Subject Areas?
Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
About Shell Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Scholarship Type: Shell Scholarship for Nigerian University Students
Who is qualified to apply?
Eligible Applicants must: ·
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their O/Levels.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application
- Submit online application at www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC
The Scholarship is in two categories;
- the National Merit Award (NM) and
- the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2013/2014 NM Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2013/2014 OE Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Delta and Bayelsa (from Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government Areas) States. Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2013/2014 OW Application.
Number of Scholarships: Several
Scholarship Worth: Annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course
Duration of Scholarship: For full duration of the course
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at: Nigerian Universities
Application Dealine: Application Submission Deadline is Friday 24 October, 2014.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, at www.shellnigeria.com to provide required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, that is not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
Applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW) are to provide scanned copies of identification letters (duly stamped and signed) from;
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture)