The University of Manitoba International Graduate Student Scholarship provides funding in subsequent years when full tuition fee is required.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: All
About the Award: The Faculty of Graduate Studies offers scholarships to recognize and reward the excellence of international graduate students pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Manitoba.
Type: Postgraduate taught
Eligibility: The scholarships will be offered to graduate students who:
- are international students (i.e., those in Canada on study permits);
- are enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies in either:
- the second year of a Master’s program with a two-year fee structure;
- the second year of a Ph.D. program with a two-year fee structure;
- the second or third year of a Ph.D. program with a three-year fee structure; or
- the first year of a Ph.D. program after completing a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba;
- are paying the international student differential tuition fee;
- have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 based on their last 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study or last equivalent two full years;
- show great promise as researchers and as graduate students;
- are not recipients of external award funding that pays for their tuition.
- This scholarship may be held with the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) and other awards offered by the University of Manitoba, but may not be held in conjunction with the International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship or the International Graduate Student Bursary.
- Students may be considered for this scholarship in each year of eligible study.
- Students who are enrolled in a re-registration year and are paying only continuing fees are not eligible for consideration.
Selection Process: The selection committee will have the discretion to determine the number and value of awards offered each year based on available revenue.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will first be applied against tuition fees.
How to Apply: To apply, please login to your UMGradConnect account and fill out the ‘Awards Application’.
Award Provider: University of Manitoba