The Global Study Awards together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, is offering students the chance to receive up to £10,000 to expand their horizon and study abroad.
- 30th June 2017 for students that will start studying in Autumn 2017.
- 30th September 2017 for students that will start studying in Spring 2018.
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Global
To be taken at (country): Any foreign country of individual’s choice
Eligible Field of Study: Candidate’s choice of study
About the Award: The Global Study Awards recognises studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students, opening their minds to alternative ways of personal life and professional career, as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance. The Award prize will be applied toward the cost of tuition fees in the first instance, paid directly to the Higher Education Institution that the successful candidate will attend. If tuition fees are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, the remaining funds may be allocated per diem for living costs for a maximum of 52 weeks starting from when the student first registered at the higher education institution.
Offered Since: 2007
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for The Global Study Awards candidates need to:
- be aged 18 or over on the day the course you are attending officially starts;
- if you are under 18 when submitting an application for the award, please note that, should you be shortlisted for the award, you will need to submit a signed parental consent form before your application can be considered further;
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre and hold a valid official Test Report Form issued by the British Council;
- be a valid ISIC cardholder at the time of application;
- be planning to enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme abroad in the academic year between 1 August 2017 and 31 October 2017;
- have written a short review of your study experience at STeXX.eu
- be able to provide a confirmation letter and/or official enrolment letter (if applicable) from the institution by the cut-off date.
Selection Criteria: The Global Study Awards are designed to support highly motivated, talented individuals who can demonstrate:
- their potential to contribute to society through their studies;
- a strong commitment to developing their career;
- a sincere interest in increasing intercultural understanding and exchange
Number of Awardees: Five(5)
Value of Scholarship: Each award will have a value of £10,000
Duration of Scholarship: One time
How to Apply: Candidates should go to the Scholarship webpage to apply
Award Provider: StudyPortals
Important Notes: Successful candidates will be willing to engage with the British Council IELTS, ISIC and StudyPortals communities, and publicly share their experiences with other students. The Global Study Awards will be available to prospective students in all countries worldwide. The Global Study Awards will enable the successful candidate(s) to study abroad, on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a higher education institution. The Global Study Awards cannot be used by a successful candidate to study domestically.