The University of Sussex welcomes applications from outstanding international applicants across the arts and humanities for 11 fully funded Chancellor's International Research Scholarships. Application Deadline: 2nd February 2018…
University of Sussex
The University of Sussex is a public research-intensive campus university located near the vibrant city of Brighton & Hove. It was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its royal charter in August 1961. This makes the university among the plate glass university generation. It is also a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities.
The University features a diverse student community of 17,00 students, with around one in three students being a foreign student and approximately a third of its staff from outside the United Kingdom.
The campus is situated near the city of Brighton & Hove. It is surrounded by the South Downs National Park, the only English University surrounded by such natural scenery. The campus is entirely self-sufficient with facilities ranging from restaurants, a Post Office, a Food Store, a market, a bank, a Pharmacy, a health centre, and children facilities. The beautiful design of the campus has won a number of awards for the university.
The university has the unusual structure of “Schools of Study” rather than the conventional departments within a faculty. These include the School of Engineering and Informatics, School of Life Sciences, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, School of Psychology, School of Education and Social Work, School of History, Art History and Philosophy, School of Media, Film and Music, University of Sussex Business School and her Medical School.
The University offers over 350 undergraduate programs, over 210 postgraduate taught programs and over 70 PhD Programs. It had around 1000 teaching and research staff. Being a research-intensive university, 300 of these staff are research staff only.
The University of Sussex ranks 246 in the QS World University Ranking and 146 in the Times Higher Education Ranking.
Cost of Studying In Sussex
Undergraduate fees for UK/EU Students is £9,250 per year and £18,500 per year for international students. Postgraduate fees can range from £18,000 to £22,500 per year for international students.
Living costs: If you live in university accommodation, you’re expected to pay £624 to £1,135 per month. If you rent in the private sector, you’re expected to spend £707 to 1,125 per month.
- Accounting, Banking and Finance
- American Studies
- Art History
- Biomedical Science
- Business and Management
- Childhood and Youth Studies
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Cultural Studies
- Digital Media
- Drama and Theatre
- Ecology and Conservation
- Education and Teaching
- Energy Policy, Innovation and Sustainability
- Engineering and Robotics
- English, Literature and Creative Writing
- Film Studies
- Filmmaking and Media Production
- Foundation Years
- International Relations
- Linguistics and Languages
- Media and Communications
- Physics and Astronomy
- Placement years and Sandwich Degrees
- Product Design
- Project Management
- Psychology and Cognitive Science
- Social Work and Care
- Zoology and Animal Studies
- University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships: This scholarship is available in the majority of Sussex Schools and is awarded based on academic performance. It is at the Master’s degree level.
- Be classified as overseas for fees purposes.
- Have accepted a place on a full-time eligible Masters Program.
- Have an excellent grade (UK first-class or equivalent).
- Have clear goals with defined links to your course.
- Article 26 Scholarship: This is an undergraduate scholarship for forced migrant students.
- Must have been offered provisional Admission.
- Be an asylum seeker.
- Have a household income of under £42,875.
- Have been granted a temporary form of leave to remain in the UK as a result of an asylum application.
- Dr John Birch Music Scholarships: Available to all current undergraduate or postgraduate students at Sussex. It is a maintenance award.
- Have obtained Grade 8 or equivalent in your chosen instrument.
- Be a current student at the University of Sussex.
- EU Excellence Scholarship: This is for EU-domiciled undergraduate students. It is worth £2,000.
- Be domiciled in the EU (non-UK).
- Have achieved excellent grades.
- Sussex Graduate Scholarship: This £3,000 scholarship is for 2020 Sussex graduates.
- Be graduating with a bachelor’s degree at Sussex in 2020.
- Be taking up a place on a full-time Masters in 2020.
- Achieve a first-class or upper second-class honors degree.
- Sussex Nigeria Scholarship: This is a tuition reduction scholarship of £3,000 for postgraduate students of Nigerian nationality.
- Be a Nigerian National.
- Be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- Be self-financing.
- Must have accepted an offer for an eligible Masters course at Sussex.
- First Generation Scholars Scheme: This scholarship scheme offers financial and non-financial benefits to students who are the first person in their family.
- Be a UK applicant.
- Qualify for home fee status.
- Qualify for a maintenance loan.
- Be applying for an undergraduate full-time course.
- Have a household income of less than £42,875 a year.
The University of Sussex welcomes spirited students who want to study in a creative and intellectually stimulating environment. At Sussex, you would be challenged and encouraged to open your mind, deepen your thinking and generally impact your world.
The University of Sussex offers International Scholarships for African students to study for undergraduate, masters and PhD degrees
The University of Sussex welcomes applications from outstanding international applicants across the arts and humanities for 10 fully funded Chancellor's International Research Scholarships. Application Deadline: 2nd February 2018…
Nigeria’s biggest football website, Goal.com, and the University of Sussex are welcoming entries from suitably qualified candidates for the #WritingGamesNG 2017 essay competition. Application Deadline: 11th September 2017 About the…
The Economics Department at the University of Sussex is delighted to offer an annual Masters scholarship for suitably qualified candidates from selected sub-Saharan African countries on either the Development Economics MSc or Economics MSc.…
To celebrate fifty years of shaping science, technology and innovation research, teaching and policy, the University of Sussex have launched a new scholarship programme to enable the very best students from around the world to study a…