Application Deadline: 31st July, 2016 Offered annually? No Eligible Countries: Nigeria To be taken at (country): United Kingdom Brief description: Strathclyde Business School is delighted to offer Nigerian applicants the…
University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland. It was founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute. It is Glasgow’s second-oldest university and the first technological university in the United Kingdom, having received its royal charter in 1964. The University of Strathclyde is a leading technological university with around 23,00 students from more than 100 nations boasting of a five-star overall rating from the QS Stars University Ratings.
Its campus is located in the heart of Glasgow, one of the largest cities in the United Kingdom. The university currently operates only one campus, the John Anderson campus. It formerly had the Jordan Hill campus until the year 2012.
The University consists of four main faculties – Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences and The Strathclyde Business School. Strathclyde is renowned in Engineering and the university is highly ranked among the top 10 in the UK in various subjects and fields.
It offers undergraduate and postgraduate studies in over 200+ courses, with 82% of the students on a full-time basis and 18% on a part-time basis. The university offers a top-notch library and information services. There are student jobs with access to a wide range of part-time jobs in exhibition centres, call centres, conferences, concert,s and shops. The health services of the university are replete with standard facilities and top-rated specialists across many fields. It has a vibrant student union and community that promotes students’ interests and welfare. Student accommodation is given to all undergraduate and postgraduate first-year students as long as they apply. Accommodation contracts run from September to June (39 weeks) for undergraduate students, costing £105-£137 per week).
Undergraduate tuition fees will depend on the course of study and an average £15,300-£21,000 for international students. Postgraduate fees for international students average £9,000-£19700. The University is currently ranked 296 in the QS Global World Rankings.
Application for Studies
All applications to courses are made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Services (UCAS Website).. 15 January 2020 is the application deadline for most courses. You can still be considered for admission before 30 June 2020 if there are places available.
- Postgraduate Research Travel Award: This is offered at the PhD level. It is applicable under courses offered at the University.
- Applicants must present a research paper for the purpose of intended travel
- For full-time or part-time registered doctoral students.
Value: Partial funding, up to 700 pounds for travel purposes.
- Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Prosthetics and Orthotics Funding of The University of Strathclyde: This is for Bachelor’s Program for Biomedical Engineering.
- Open to all nationals.
- A minimum of an upper second class honors degree from an undergraduate course in the physical or biological sciences.
- A clinical qualification related to Prosthetics, Orthotics, and other relevant allied health disciplines.
Value: Full Funding, Tuition fees + Living costs + Equipment and Study costs.
- Humanities and Social Sciences For International Undergraduate Performance Sports Scholarships 2020: This is for Bachelor’s Program.
- Open to international students
- All applicants must be competing in a recognized Sport.
- All applicants are competing at Junior or Senior International level.
- Students competing at elite sports and within disability sports are encouraged to apply.
Value: Partial funding, tuition fees + living costs + education costs.
- University of Strathclyde Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Alumni Discount: This is offered for a Masters’s degree in the field of courses offered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- This is for alumni of the university completing full-time postgraduate taught courses offered by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Applicants cannot undertake LLB Graduate Entry and Diploma in Professional Legal Practice.
- Open to all Nationals.
Value: Partial funding, 10% tuition fee discount.
- MBA Flexible Learning Female Leader of the Future Scholarships at the University of Strathclyde: This is offered for Masters, MBA degree in the field of Business.
- Open to all Nationals.
- Candidates must hold an offer of a place on the Program.
- Candidates must demonstrate they’re excellent team players through achievements, ideas and experience.
- Applicants would be assessed based on application quality and financial need.
Value: Partial funding, 5000 Pounds towards tuition fees.
- Biomedical Engineering Awards For China and Malaysia: This is offered for a Masters’s degree in the field of Biomedical Engineering.
- Must be citizens of Malaysia and China.
- Must have applied for any of the one-year full-time MSc Programs
Value: Partial funding, £4,000 for tuition fees.
- University of Strathclyde Excellence Scholarships For Undergraduate Students: This scholarship is at the undergraduate level.
- Scholarships are open to local students.
- For new students that achieve AAB or above at A-Level.
- Financial difficulty to finance Graduate University Education.
- Have a Leadership/Community give back experience or potential.
The University of Strathclyde is a leading international technological university. It’s close engagement with industry through industrial placements for students and its research facilities make it a top study choice for students. Strathclyde has ranked high in every available reputable university ranking and is currently The Times Higher Education best University for the second consecutive time, the only university to achieve such a feat. A place at Strathclyde will be a chance for you to explore your dreams and take your educational pursuits to the next level.
The University of Strathclyde UK offers scholarships for international students (including Africa) to study degree courses at the university