University of Southampton is offering postgraduate taught talent scholarship for 2017 entry. Scholarships of £6,000 are available for students from Africa, Middle East, South America and India. Application Deadline: 31st March 2017 | …
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a world-leading research university in Southampton, England. The University has its origin in the Hartley Institution which dates back to 1862. In 1902, it was developed into the Hartley University College, awarding degrees from the University of London. On 29 April 1952, the University was granted university status by royal charter, allowing it to award its own degrees.
The University’s structure includes five faculties, where academic and research activities take place. These include the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, Faculty of Environmental and Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, and the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The University has seven teaching campuses and is home to a total student population of 22,979 students, consisting of more than 6,500 International students from over 135 countries. It is ranked the 97th top university in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2020, 118th in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2019 and 15th among UK Universities. It is a founding member of the Russell Group, a group of research-intensive universities in Britain.
Overall, Southampton University is a great place to study, live, and work. It offers a vibrant and varied student life, numerous top-notch facilities and fascinating heritage attractions. It is well connected, with two mainline train stations, an international airport and easy access to cross-channel ferries.
- Accounting and Finance
- Acoustical Engineering
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Aerospace Electronic Engineering
- Ancient History
- Applied Linguistics and English Language
- Biomedical Electronic Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business Analytics
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Business Management
- Cardiac Physiology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Ecology and Conservation
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- English Language and Linguistics
- Environmental Geoscience
- Fashion Design
- Film Studies
- Fine Art
- Games Design and Art
- Graphic Arts
- International Relations
- Languages and Contemporary European Studies
- Marine Biology
- Marine Biology with Oceanography
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Modern History and Politics
- Modern Languages
- Natural Sciences
- Occupational Therapy
- Ship Science
- Software Engineering
- Textile Design
Tuition Fees At the University of Southampton: £16,536-20,320
Scholarships At The University of Southampton
Southampton International Merit Scholarships (General Eligibility)
You will be considered eligible for a Southampton International Merit Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You, the student, are liable to pay full international tuition fees and you will be self-funding i.e you are in receipt of a full or partial scholarship from another source or any of the university’s international funding partners
- You have received a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at the University of Southampton.
- The programme you wish to apply for is eligible.
- You must be classified as “overseas” for fees purposes.
- You must meet the academic requirements of the scholarship.
- Scholarships For International (non-EU) Undergraduate Students: These are subject-based scholarships for international undergraduates to a maximum of £3,000. It is available to all faculties and courses except Health Sciences and Medicine courses.
Eligibility: A or A* at A level or a 6 or 7 at Higher Level in the International Baccalaureate.
- Southampton Merit Scholarships For International Masters Students: These are subject-based scholarships for international masters students. They are available to all faculties and the Southampton Business School.
Scholarship value: £2,000-£9,000
Eligibility: Achieve a 1st or equivalent or a 2:1 or equivalent in an undergraduate degree, depending on the programme.
Deadline: 31 July 2020.
- Scholarships By International Funding Partners: There are scholarships by organizations and institutions that offer a range of funding opportunities.
- Chevening (UK Government Scholarship
Eligible countries: Worldwide (Except EU and US)
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Eligible countries: Commonwealth countries
Level: Masters and PhD
- Saïd Foundation
Eligible countries: Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria
- Santander Universities
Eligible countries: EU, Latin America, USA
Level: Foundation, Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Aga Khan Foundation international scholarship
Eligible countries: Various: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Madagascar.
- Schlumberger Foundation: Faculty for the Future
Eligible countries: Various: developing and emerging countries
- Wellcome Trust Masters Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Eligible countries: Various: most countries
- Fulbright Awards
Fulbright – Southampton Award
Eligible countries: USA
- Toptal Scholarships for Women
Eligible countries: Various: most countries
Level: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund scholarships
Eligible countries: Nigeria
- Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund scholarships
Eligible countries: Sudan/South Sudan
- LPDP (Indonesia Endowment for Education), Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MCIT), Roberto Rocca Fellowships, MoRa, BUDI.
Eligible countries: Indonesia
- Ministry of Communications and Information scholarships, MOHH BrightSparks Healthcare Scholarships, Smart Nation Scholarship.
Eligible countries: Singapore
Level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
The successes of the University of Southampton are evidenced in its top rankings in both the UK and international universities world rankings. Its degrees and courses will enable you to develop critical thinking and independent learning skills that are vital for top-notch achievements in your field of endeavor. Its Lecturers and Scholars are pacesetters in their fields, and a place at the University of Southampton will enable you to explore your world. This Institution should be your next stop for your academic programmes.
The University of Southampton UK offers scholarships for international students (+Africa) to study degree courses at the university. Scroll down to apply
Scholarship Name: University Of Southampton 60th Anniversary Scholarship Brief description The University of Southampton UK offers Undergraduate and Master’s Scholarships for Libya, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt 2012 Accepted Subject…