For young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postgraduate research in emerging areas in science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of…
Getting a degree in Physics, what it entails
Acquiring a Bachelor of Science in Physics is a noteworthy achievement that requires an unimaginable amount of mental effort because the study majorly covers the theoretical foundations and history of physics research. It also includes learning how to conduct a proper physics test and analyze the results through lab experiments.
To complete a BSc in Physics (or engineering physics) the student must be equipped with a high school or secondary school diploma, a solid understanding of the principles of physics, strong skill in mathematics, and sharp analytical thinking skills.
Students who have a desire to major in this field but do not possess some of these essential skills are advised to undertake advanced placement courses in physics, algebra, and calculus to ready their minds for higher-level physics course work.
Scholarships for Studying Physics Around the world for International Students
Acquiring a degree in any course (especially physics) is no doubt challenging, especially if the student is not so financially buoyant. Fortunately, there are a few scholarship opportunities available to help support these students and lighten the burden of getting a degree in Physics.
Below are scholarship opportunities available to aspiring physicists from around the world:
- Applicants must provide proof of their proficiency in the English language.Global PhD Scholarship in Physics at the University of St Andrews, UK:
The university of St.Andrew is currently receiving applications for the upcoming scholarship award scheduled to commence in February for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The fully-funded award is available to applicants who wish to obtain a PhD in physics or astronomy starting in September 2020.
- Students from any country are eligible.
- The applicant must be willing to undergo a Postgraduate Research (Doctoral) study at the School of Physics and Astronomy.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for admission
- Applicants must not hold a doctoral degree or be enrolled for a doctoral degree program at the University of St Andrews or at another tertiary institution.
How To Apply:
- Applicants must first apply for admission to study a doctorate at St Andrews School of Physics and Astronomy.
- Applicants must possess a few supporting documents which include:
- A research proposal
- An academic work sample which is written in English
- Two academic references
- Transcripts and degree certificates
- Evidence of fluency in English.
Please visit the scholarship website for more information on the scholarship requirements.
- Holland funding for Non-EU/EEA Students at the University of Twente in the Netherlands
The University of Twente in the Netherlands is funding the tuition of non-EU/EEA students to enable them obtain an undergraduate and Postgraduate degree in a range of science courses including applied physics (Postgraduate).
- Applicants from non-EU/EEA countries are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to study any of the selected subject areas (see the scholarship website to view the eligible courses).
How to Apply:
- Applicants must have been accepted to study their desired course at the university. After that, they can apply for the scholarship with the student number given to them after their acceptance.
- Applicants must be equipped with the following documents:
- A bachelor’s degree certificate or any certificate that qualifies as an equivalent.
- An official transcript
- Proof of proficiency in English (IELTS or Toefl IBt)
- An abstract of your final bachelor’s project
- A valid international passport
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Contact information of two references
- Applicants must meet or exceed the minimum requirements of entry for their preferred courses.
- Sydney International Postgraduate Research Tuition Fee Scholarship in Radio Transients, Australia
The University of Sydney is pleased to offer a scholarship award to international students who wish to study a PhD in the school of physics in Australia.
The scholarship is aimed to provide financial support to Postgraduate students who are currently researching radio transients.
- Applicants from around the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must intend to obtain a PhD in Radio Transients.
- Applicants must have received an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD within the School of Physics.
- Applicants must not be a citizen of Australia, or New Zealand.
- Applicants must possess an Honours degree in either physics or astronomy.
- Applicants must hold a scholarship that includes a stipend for living expenses.
How To Apply
- Applicants should ensure they have received an unconditional offer to study a PhD in the school of physics before submitting a scholarship application online.
- Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Academic merit/transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal
- Evidence that you possess an original scholarship that covers your living expenses:
- Applicants must provide proof of their proficiency in the English language.
Completing a degree in Physics or any study field is not an easy task; that is why several sponsorship organizations have risen to tackle the financial burden associated with acquiring a certificate.
It is recommended that you take advantage of any of these scholarship programs near you to better ease your journey to becoming a professional physicist
Join a unique international Master program in Material Science and be graduated from 5 European leading universities! Application Deadline: 10th February 2021. To be taken at (Universities): University of Rennes 1-UR1, France…
Edx online education platform is introducing new courses for enrolment. Edx offers free courses from leading universities; Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, University of California Berkeley, Wellesley University,…
Scholarship Name: TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences Brief description PhD Research Grants for Scientists and Researchers from Africa and other Developing Countries for research project in Basic Sciences 2012 Accepted…