Applications are now for the next intake of Fellows for LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme. Application Deadline: 4th August 2019 Offered annually? Yes Eligible Countries: Nigeria To be taken at (country): Nigeria About the…
LEAP Africa is a youth concentrated leadership development nonprofit foundation with a goal to promote, empower and prepare a new crop of leaders with skills and equipment for personal, organizational and community mutation. LEAP Africa strives to provide interventions and scaling programs that prepare young Africans for realities of the future.
LEAP Africa Programs
The following are the programs offered by LEAP Africa.
- LEAD The Way: This program was nurtured for teenagers between the ages of 13-18. The aim of this program is to endow them to comprehend and achieve their full leadership capability.
- Transformative Leadership Program: This is a program formulated to equip teachers at the secondary level with the proficiency, dignity, and techniques required to measure leadership and effectively aid the leadership betterment of the students at the secondary category.
- Values and Leadership Skills Program: LEAP Africa provides this program which usually is a two-day interactive workshop modeled to furnish you with the understanding and mastery you need to jump-start your future. This program is good for those who are in the early stages of their careers.
- iLEAD: Here, LEAP Africa immerses teachers, school managers, and graduates to equip underserved youth in public secondary schools with leadership and life skills, employability and entrepreneurship abilities.
- Social Innovators Program and Awards (SIPA): This program empowers young change creators to transmit more influence and construct durable social initiatives. It also supports the development of creative youth-led social endeavors and changes to the global congregation of social trailblazers.
- Youth Leadership Program: This program strives to entrust, fit and help young change leaders, who are at the vanguard of providing beneficial and ingenious social change findings, with the skills, proficiency, and support network expected for them to assemble sustainably organizations.
- Enterprise: LEAP Africa support SMEs, MSME and aspiring young entrepreneurs to solidify enduring organizations. It has worked together with Bank of Industry and other organizations to disseminate entrepreneurial training towards creating bankable enterprise and lessening youth unemployment.
LEAP Africa Internship
LEAP Africa offers creative leadership and work eagerness programs for youths. They require youth passionate about leadership and youth growth and have demonstrable experience as a leader. LEAP Africa employ interns for their Administrative, Programs and Communications Unit.
- Administrative Intern: Candidate must maintain and ascertain the following skills: Accounting skills, Good organizational skills and attentive to details, Good negotiation and customer service skills
- Programs Intern: Candidate must maintain and ascertain the following skills: Conceptualization skills, Research and writing skills, Project identification and management, Facilitation and stakeholder management skills
- Communications Intern: Candidate must maintain and ascertain the following skills: Copywriting and editing skills, Social media, marketing skills, Graphics design skills
Scholarships Offered By LEAP Africa
Interns will have the opportunity to participate in many exciting workouts formulated particularly to strengthen their awareness of LEAP Africa and its ventures. It is open to students from Africa countries.
For you to be eligible to be an intern in LEAP Africa, you are expecting to be passionate and have the following:
- Develop and market leadership programs
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate existing projects with or without supervision
- Create basic graphics designs
- Facilitate training
- Design and implement LEAP programs
- Demonstrate a high level of creative and problem-solving skills in achieving work purposes
- Carry out autonomous research and design training /educational curriculum.
How to Apply
- Video Challenge
- Create a video on the topic “Leadership begins with true self-awareness, leading yourself first before others.”
- What are your thoughts on this belief
- Tell us of an example where you demonstrated and expressed this belief
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement and why?
- Upload the video to YouTube and paste the link when filling the application
- Creativity Challenge
- Design a PowerPoint presentation on the topic “The power of one towards nation-building” and upload it when filling the application form. Note that you will be required to make a presentation if you get shortlisted.
You will be analyzed based on the following metrics:
- Conceptual skills
- Research abilities
- Presentation design
- Presenting/speaking skills
In conclusion, More than 500,000 persons have benefitted from students’ community change projects. More than 24,000 students equipped with leadership from the LEAP Africa public secondary school program. Also, more than 7,600 entrepreneurs equipped to manage and sustain organizational growth, while 26 states where the core programs and projects have been delivered. Ultimately, in 6 African countries, the LEAP Africa curriculum has been delivered.
Here are opportunities to apply to below.
Application Deadline: There are different dates for the different age groups (see below).The first will hold on July 11 – 15, 2016 while the second stream will hold on July 25-28, 2016. Offered annually? Yes Eligible Countries: …
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.