Find in this list 11 Undergraduate Scholarships that you should apply for if you are a student from Ghana. To be able to do that and more, here's what you can do: Bookmark this list so that you can come back for scholarships that are…
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
The University of Science and Technology of Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana, is one of the largest and most prestigious public universities in the country. It is located in the city of Kumasi, in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Currently, the University of Science and Technology of Kwame Nkrumah hosts about 50,000 students who are there mainly to follow the highly regarded courses of science and engineering.
The University is located on a campus of sixteen square kilometers of rolling land and pleasant surroundings, about seven kilometers from the city’s central business district. from Kumasi. The campus presents a panorama of beautiful, modern buildings interspersed with lush green lawns and tropical flora, providing a fresh and refreshing atmosphere conducive to university studies.
Programs Offered by KNUST
The University offers courses for tertiary education degrees such as;
- Pre-Bachelor degree (e.g. diplomas)
- Bachelor degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctorate degree
Colleges and courses of study at KNUST
KNUST has made changes to the previous centralized administration system into a significant decentralized system called the college system. Under this system, the various faculties have been compacted into six colleges, which are:
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Architecture and Built Environment
Courses of study: Architecture, Land Economy, Planning, Construction Technology, and Management
- College of Art, Humanities and Social Sciences
Courses of study: African Studies, Law Cultural Studies, Communication Design, Economics, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Industrial Management, Modern Languages, Publishing and book trade, Painting and Sculpture, Sociology and Social Work, History and Political Studies, Religious studies, Accounting and Finance, Supply Chain and Decision Sciences, Human resources and Organizational Development, Marketing and Corporate Strategy
- College of Engineering
The course of study: Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Geological Engineering, Material Engineering, mechanical engineering, Petroleum engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Geomatics Engineering
- College of Health Sciences Courses of study: Biology, Dentistry, Health Administration, Health Education, Health Sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Diagnostics, Veterinary Sciences, Nursing, Physiotherapy, and Sports Sciences
- College of Science
Courses of study: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Sciences, Food Science, Food Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics and Computer Science, Natural Sciences, Ophthalmology, Optometry and Visual Sciences, Statistics and Actuarial Sciences,
NOTE: The University also offers Post-graduate degrees, such as Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Philosophy (MPhil.), and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) for the courses listed above.
Nevertheless, the University still offers Distance Learning programs, specifically for workers who cannot enroll in conventional education.
Admission Requirements at KNUST
Candidates, both Ghanaians, and other internationals should possess the academic qualifications (as pertains to them), listed below, so as to be considered for admission:
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with a sum score of 24 or better.
- GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or it’s equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- International aspirants should have Credits at the G.C.E./IGCSE Ordinary Level in relevant subjects including English Language, Mathematics PLUS three (3) Passes the G.C.E. A’ Level in the relevant subjects or 6 Credits in the WASSCE/SSSCE Subjects (including English Language and Mathematics)
Having met the admission criteria, you can start your application to KNUST, by purchasing the Voucher for the online application via the school’s website.
In summary, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, over the years, has become an important center for the training of scientists and technologists, not only for Ghana but also for other African countries as well as for other parts of the world. The institution is poised to ensuring that the next generation of scholars is not just astute academics, but also character worthy.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST Ghana offers scholarships for African students to study in Ghana
The Ghanaian Engineers & Architects Association of America (GEAAA) announces its Annual Scholarships & Grants availability for students from secondary, university and other tertiary institutions as well as researchers.…
The Tertiary Education Scholarship Trust –TEST is offering undergraduate scholarships for Ghanaian students to study at KNUST - Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana 2018/2019. Application Deadlines: Thursday,…
Unibank Ghana Limited in Collaboration with Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is offering scholarships to needy but brilliant students in the University in order to help them pursue their education successfully.…
Brief description: The Department of Chemical Engineering in KNUST is seeking to engage suitably qualified graduate students for post-graduate research programme in Second Generation Biofuel Production from Waste Resources in Ghana.…