The Holland Scholarship is the national scholarship programme for Dutch and international students. The scholarship programme is first and foremost a means of profiling Dutch higher education. It is aimed at stimulating talented international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to study in Holland. In addition, the programme aims to increase the international mobility of Dutch students, by stimulating them to study outside the EEA on a scholarship.
Available scholarships in Holland for Undergraduates degree
Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students
The Holland Scholarship, financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or masters at one of the Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences in Holland. Deadline for this programme is 1 February or 1 May 2020 (annual).
The scholarship amounts to €5,000. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship. The grant is awarded for one year and can only be received once.
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or masters at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You have never studied at an education institution in the Netherlands.
Available Scholarships in Holland for a Master’s Degree
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS)
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a full-time master’s degree programme at Leiden University. Deadline for this programme is 1 February or 1 October (annual).
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligibility: Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the master’s programme for which they are applying.
VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective international students the unique opportunity to pursue a master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Deadline for this programme is 1 of February 2020 (annual).
The VUFP scholarship covers the tuition fees. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs. The VUFP scholarship can be granted for a one or two-year master’s programme. The scholarship will only be extended for the second year of the two-year master’s programme if 100% of the credits of the first year have been achieved.
- You can prove your academic excellence with a GPA of at least 80% of the highest possible mark.
- You are applying for the first year of a full-time English taught master’s programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam starting per September 2020.
- You do not have the Dutch nationality.
- The degree with which you are seeking admission has not been obtained in the Netherlands.
Scholarships in Holland for Shorts Courses
Orange Knowledge Programme in The Netherlands
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals as well as organisations both in the field of higher and vocational education and in other fields related to the priority themes in the programme countries. Scholarships are available for a selection of short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months) and master’s programmes (duration 12 – 24 months).
OKP scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the study period in the Netherlands. The allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the OKP scholarship amount.
- One must be a professional and a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the OKP country list valid at the time of application;
- One must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided.
- One must not be employed by an organisation which can be expected to have their own funds for staff development.
- One must have a current employer’s statement which complies with the Nuffic format. All
- One must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- One must have an official passport valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form by the candidate.
Scholarships in Holland for PhD Degree
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, funded by the European Union, are exclusively awarded to students coming from both EU and non-EU countries that have been selected to attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes at Masters or Doctorate level.
The programme offers full-time scholarships and/or fellowships that cover monthly allowance, participation costs, travelling and insurance costs of the students. Scholarship amounts can vary according to the level of studies, the duration of studies, and the scholar’s nationality (scholarships for non-EU students are higher than for EU students).
Top Universities Offering Scholarships in Holland
- TU Delft Excellence Scholarships
- Erik Bleumink Scholarships at University of Groningen
- Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships
- The Hague World Citizen Talent Scholarship
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
- University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships
- University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships
- Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
Why study in Holland?
- An international and multicultural environment.
- Affordable study costs.
- Innovative teaching methods.
- Affordable living expenses.
- A wide range of degrees taught in English
- Excellent opportunities for travel.
- Internationally recognized degrees.
The application window for the Holland Government Scholarship for International Students is now open. Start here to apply
Holland Government Scholarship for International Students at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus…
Add After School Africa to your Homescreen!
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.