The call for application for the CARTA PhD Fellowships 2019/2020 is now open. The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is currently offering a collaborative doctoral training program in public and population health. …
Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is an initiative jointly led by the Wits School of Public Health and the African Population Health and Research Centre. The aim of CARTA is to build a vibrant African academy that could top the world in research that positively impacts on public and population health.
There are universities who are members of the consortium built to achieve the aim of CARTA and recruit fellows from the staff of nine institutions across Africa. Members of CARTA include eight African universities, four African research institutes and select Non-African partners.
The member universities include:
- Makerere University, Uganda.
- Moi University, Kenya.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria.
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- University of Malawi.
- University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- University of Rwanda.
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
Top Scholarships Around the World for Students in CARTA
- Wahlgrenska Foundation Scholarships
The scholarships are open to research fellows or scientists. It is a partial funding programme and can be taken from anywhere in the world.
- WAAW Foundation Scholarships for Women
The scholarship is available for Bachelor’s degree candidates in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. It is a partial funding scholarship.
- Engineering International Scholar Award
The scholarship is available for students who wish to acquire a bachelor’s degree in science and engineering.
- ServiScape Scholarships
The ServiScape Scholarship is open to candidates who wish to obtain a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in all courses. It is partially funded.
- ShootSearcher Photography Scholarships
The scholarship is a partially funded scholarship open for all nationalities.
- Bayer Science and Education Foundation – Jeff Schell Scholarships
This scholarship is available only for Masters and Doctoral candidates in the department of Agricultural Sciences at the German institutions and abroad.
- Kyentse Foundation Buddhist Studies Scholarships
The application is open for Master’s and Doctoral scholars who wish to help in extending Buddha’s wisdom and compassion as widely as possible. It is partially funded with the sum between $500 and $3000.
- Gordon Signy Fellowships
This is available for applicants who wish to acquire a certificate in Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees. It is a partial funding programme.
- Global Ambassador Scholarships for International Students at Magna Carta College in Oxford
Forty-two different scholarships are being made available for international students to obtain a foundation diploma. The programme is offered on an annual basis and supported by the embassies of participating countries. The deadline for the January intake is November 30 and February intake is January 15. The award is in the categories of 100%, 70% and 50% scholarship discount from the tuition fees.
Scholarships in CARTA for Students from CARTA
- CARTA PhD Fellowships for African Researchers
Applications are open for the CARTA PhD Fellowships with an innovative model for doctoral training in sub-Saharan Africa to strengthen the capacity of participating institutions. The PhD research must be relevant to the broad fields of public and population health and the research question must contribute to public and population health issues in Africa.
The fellowship includes the cost of fellow’s participation in advanced seminars, a monthly stipend, grants for research activities, a laptop loaded with relevant software, funds for travel to conferences, and cost of participating in joint programme activities. The fellowship runs for a maximum of four years.
The advanced seminars are offered once every year for four years to help build skills in the individuals from year to year.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Applicant must a teaching or research staff at one of the participating institutions.
- The PhD research proposal must be related to public and population health.
- The applicant must be present on all four annual seminars.
- Male applicants must be below 40, while female, below 45.
- DAAD – CARTA PhD Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars
Interested and eligible applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship before the deadline. The application is open for only PhD candidates. The funding is usually for a period of three years.
The aim of the scholarship is to help in fulfilling the CARTA’s objective of producing massive, high quality graduates who are trained to address certain complex health issues and development in Africa. The activity of the scholarship must take place in the Eastern African region.
The value of the scholarship includes stipends covering the cost of living, tuition fees (this includes the research and academic cost, tutorials, among others), health insurance and optional stay in Germany for up to six months.
- Applicants must be CARTA fellows.
- Application is only open to those in their early stages of the doctoral programme.
- They must demonstrate a strong commitment to research capacity building.
- The last degree of the applicant must have been completed less than six years prior to the time of application.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Students from Carta can apply for these international scholarships to study abroad for undergraduate, masters and PhD degrees at overseas universities
To secure the future and foster the career growth of its high-achieving graduates, CARTA is offering 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowships. Application Deadline: 22nd February, 2019 Eligible Countries: African countries About the Award: Two…
CARTA is hereby inviting proposals from eligible CARTA graduates to apply for its Re-Entry Grants. Application Deadline: 15th April 2018 Eligible Countries: African countries About the Award: The Consortium for Advanced Research…
To contribute to the evidence generation and knowledge translation built into this project, APHRC is pleased to announce a call for applications to support three Master’s and three doctoral students from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. The…