Women in Aviation International scholarships are awarded annually to women and sometimes male members (students, teachers and professionals) who want to further their studies in Aviation. Application Deadline: 10th November 2020 About…
Aviation Training Institution
On this page, we will discuss extensively, the top accredited aviation schools in Nigeria, their various fees, flight courses and scholarships.
Check out the listings of the aviation institutions below:
- Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT):
This federal government-owned institution, is the first-ever aviation college. It was founded in 1964 and is currently located in Zaria, Kaduna state. It was formerly known as the Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Center. It’s objective is to maintain the prestigious position of the foremost aviation training institution in Africa and be among the best in the world; the institution aims to do this, by providing the aviation industry with professionals and other personnel through intensive training and other related services for safe transportation.
- Flying school courses
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering courses
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering courses
- Aviation Management courses
- Air Traffic Services/ Communication courses
Admission Requirements and Tuition Fees
NCAT runs various study programs such as; National Diploma, Higher National Diploma, and Postgraduate Diploma.
The requirements for the National Diploma is as follows;
- A minimum of WASCE/GCE/NECO
- Minimum JAMB score for polytechnics.
NCAT, as a premium institution, has a fixed tuition fee of N7, 241,000. This is for their Standard Pilot training which runs for a duration of over 16 months.
- International Aviation College (IAC)
This is the first ever privately-owned aviation institution in Nigeria. It is located in Ilorin, Kwara state. It began flight training in 2013. The institution is primed with the aim of ensuring that airlines get well-trained pilots and other aviation professionals.
- Private Pilot License Airplane
- Private Pilot License Helicopter
- Commercial Pilot License Airplane
- Commercial Pilot License Helicopter
- Flight Dispatcher Course
- Instrument Ratings
- Multi-Engine Rating
- Night Rating
- Candidate must be at least 17 years old
- Minimum of WAEC/NECO/O’Level with at least 5 credits which must include; Mathematics and English
- Candidate must pass the selection exercise; aptitude test, ability test, and oral interview
The school’s tuition fee is over 7 million naira (or local currency equivalent for International students)
- Landover Aviation Business School (LABS)
This institution was created in 2002, it’s an approved aviation Institution located in Lagos. LABS, is a premier aviation training institution, that is centered on ensuring that it’s students is instilled with professionalism in order for a successful aviation practice. It is an institution that has made it to the IATA top 10, 3 times since its inception.
The institution has three faculties; the faculty of travel and tourism, the faculty of aviation technical and aviation operations, and lastly, the faculty of aviation management operations.
- Basic flight dispatchers course
- Basic airfares and ticketing program courses
- IATA certificate courses
- Basic Airfares and ticketing programs (Two weeks duration): N75,000
- Basic flight dispatchers course :N230,000
- Universal School of Aviation (USA)
This aviation school is located in Ejigbo, Lagos state. The institution is primed with the aim of ensuring that the aviation industry, is populated with adept professionals.
- Air Ticketing/reservation
- Flight Attendant
- Travel Agency Management
- Tourism agency Management
- Electronic Booking tools
- Hotel Management
The tuition fees for USA vary from N50,000 to N7million, depending on the course of study.
- Dhaewood Aviation Business School (DABS)
This top-class institution was established in 2005. It is located at Ikeja, Lagos state. Dhaewood Aviation Business School is managed by a certified team of qualified IATA tutors. They are also known to have ties with international colleges and universities abroad which testifies to their passion for excellence and high standard.
The institution offers a wide range of courses, listed below are just a few of them
- Aviation studies
- Aviation Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Travel Visa Processing & Management
- Tourism Management
The fees range from N50,000 to N7.5million.
The duration of studies ranges from 3 months to 2 years.
Admission into DABS, is based on merit.
In conclusion, aviation scholarships are indeed rare and not easy to come by. Most of them are restricted by nationality, but nevertheless, we have compiles a list of scholarships and other application details for you; Scroll down to see these scholarships.
Offers courses in many areas of the aviation industry. Flying School, The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering School, The Air Traffic Services/Communications School and The Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering School