The ACCA Africa Scholarship Scheme has been created to support the progression and career of academically excellent students in Africa, especially in these challenging times. Application Deadline: 27th August 2021 About the…
Accounting is one of the most popular degrees a student can obtain. An accounting degree gives the holder great opportunities to work with numbers in an organized and systematic manner, using this knowledge to meet the needs and objectives of the organization they happen to find themselves.
It is one discipline whose body of knowledge is constantly growing and whose professionals are in huge demand in the corporate world of business. With the flexibility this discipline offers, accounting professionals are able to switch jobs throughout a number of different industries. The reason is not far-fetched. Most, if not all company is all about business, keeping the books, and making sure the financial aspects of the business are up and standing. This has made Accounting very vital to the financial success of a business.
To qualify as an accountant, an undergraduate will have to go through four years in college. After undergraduate school, there is a chance to further for a Master’s degree program and earn a CPA designation. These academic pursuits are one that requires huge final commitments, running into thousands of dollars. Most times students are forced to settle for low-rated schools whose Accounting programs are below par. Settling for less is sure going to affect a student’s career prospects in the long run.
This is where Accounting scholarships come to the rescue. Accounting scholarships afford students the opportunity of attending the very best accounting schools around the world at little or no cost. With this opportunity, the financial responsibilities of running an expensive accounting degree are taken off your shoulders. It gives you the chance to settle straight into the business of studying and obtaining the best degree possible.
Accounting Scholarships Around The World
- Wiley CPAexel Accounting Student Scholarship Program: This scholarship program affords students who are actively enrolled in accounting courses to receive various cash prizes.
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries: This scholarship is worth a whopping sum of $50,000. Students undergoing their undergraduate, Master’s and PhD programs are eligible for this scholarship. It aims to help academic high-fliers, motivated and driven students overcome the high cost of sponsoring their education.
- Aga Khan Foundation for Developing Countries (Masters and PhD): This Foundation provides scholarships to outstanding students to further their education. This scholarship is awarded on a 50% grant, 50% loan basis, and it takes place once a year in June or July, in a very competitive process.
- Citigroup Fellows Program: A scholarship program financed by the United Negro College Fund. It offers scholarships to students majoring in finance, economics, accounting and other management and finance-based programs. It is worth $6,400.
- University of Otago Master of Professional Accounting Scholarships for International Students: This is for international students wishing to a Master’s degree in professional accounting in New Zealand. It is worth NZ $10,000. It is hosted by the University of Otago, New Zealand’s premier University.
- Charles Sturt Regional International Award in Australia: It is open to students all over the world. It provides the needed fund for students wishing to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Uwa Dean’s Excellence in FABLE PhD Positions In Austria.
- Brunei University Business School Fully-Funded PhD Scholarship.
- Surrey International Funding For Excellence, In UK.
Top Universities Offering Accounting Scholarships for International Students
- The University of Texas, San Antonio, College of Business.
- The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign College of Business.
- Brigham Young University, Marriot School.
- The University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business.
- Indiana University, Kelly School of Business.
- The University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business.
- University of Michigan, AnnArbor, Ross School of Business.
- Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- The University of Southern California, Leventhal School of Accounting.
- University of Sydney, Australia.
- The University of Manchester.
- The University of Toronto.
- London School of Economics.
- New York University.
Accounting Scholarships for African Students And Their Eligibility Criteria
- Westminster Internationally Fully-Funded Scholarships For Developing Countries:
Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must be an International Student from a developing country and must hold an offer for a full-time Master’s degree; Applicant must show academic excellence, financial need and development potential.
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program For African Countries:
Eligibility Criteria: Only candidates from the sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply for the scholarships; Applicants must come from an economically disadvantaged background and must demonstrate financial neediness; Applicants must show and maintain academic excellence.
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships: This scholarship is for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK University.
Eligibility Criteria: Must be citizens of a commonwealth country or be a British Protected Person; Hold a first degree of at least upper second class honors (2:1) or second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification; Financial neediness.
- CFC Stanbic Bank Education Scholarship Fund:
Eligibility criteria: Open to African students.
- Global Excellence Postgraduate Placements of the University of Dundee, UK:
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply; they must demonstrate academic excellence; must hold an academic offer of entry for a postgraduate taught program at the University of Dundee.
- The University of Bristol Global Accounting and Finance Scholarship:
Eligibility criteria: Applicant must be classified as an overseas student for fee purposes; must demonstrate excellence through academic, extra-curricular activities.
- Mo Ibrahim MBA Scholarship Program:
Eligibility Criteria: Open to Nationals of sub-Saharan Africa with financial needs.
Apply to these Scholarships for Finance and Accounting students. +Fully Funded for international study
Here is a compilation of all Accountancy Scholarships for International Students to Study Abroad. The Scholarships include Fully Funded Scholarships, Tuition Waivers, Internships, Fellowships, Grants, The Scholarships are most awarded…
Dating back from history and etymology, accounting from a larger perspective is simply keeping records, it could have been of history or transactions, but narrowing it down to a career accounting is simply keeping the books of…
Scholarship Name: Business Leader Postgraduate Scholarship Brief description The University of Sydney Business School Australia is offering up to 20 Masters Scholarships in Marketing, Commerce, Professional Accounting, Human Resource…
Scholarship Name: The African Partial Scholarship Award Brief description The London School of Commerce (LSC), UK offers a portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as Finance, Management, Information…