The American Association of University Women (AAUW) offers International Fellowship for Women to study for Masters, Doctoral and Postdoctoral program in USA 2023/2024 academic year. Application Deadline: 15th November 2022 Offered…
AAUW Scholarships is one of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women. AAUW has a long and distinguished history of advancing educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and around the globe. AAUW is providing $4.3 million in funding for fellowships and grants to 270 outstanding women and non-profit organizations in the 2019–20 academic year. Due to the longstanding, generous contributions of AAUW members, a broader community of women continues to gain access to educational and economic opportunities — breaking through barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
Fellowship and grant recipients perform research in a wide range of disciplines and work to improve their schools and communities. Their intellect, dedication, imagination, and effort promise to forge new paths in scholarship, improve the quality of life for all, and tackle the educational and social barriers facing women worldwide. AAUW seeks a diverse applicant pool.
- Provide three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits. When possible, recommenders should be professors or professional colleagues in the applicant’s home country who can speak about the applicant’s qualifications and about the country’s need for the specialized skill or knowledge she plans to acquire with her proposed study or research
- Financial statement of Budget and Payment is required
- Official transcripts required
- Letter of Admission
- Proof of current enrolment (currently enrolled applications only)
- A certified English translation is required for all documents provided in a foreign language, including transcripts, letters, and diploma
- The $30 filing fee is required to cover the cost of administering the application process
- Create an account and fill the application form
Category of Available AAUW Scholarships
Below are the categories of AAUW scholarships and its features.
Career Development Grants
Who may apply: Women pursuing a certificate or degree to advance their careers, change careers, or reenter the workforce and whose bachelor’s degree was received at least five years before the award period
Community Action Grants
Who may apply: Individuals, AAUW branches and states, and nonprofit organizations to fund innovative programs or non-degree research projects that promote education and equity for women and girls
Funding: One-year grant, $2,000-$7,000
Two-year grant, $5,000-$10,000
- Research Publication Grant in Engineering, Medicine, and Science
Who may apply?
This grant is open to Women conducting basic research in engineering, medicine, or the physical/biological sciences and who have a doctorate degree in one of those fields. The grantee is required to publish their research in a scholarly scientific publication and be listed as a primary author.
Selected Professions Fellowships
Who may apply: Women pursuing full-time study in a master’s or professional degree program in which women are underrepresented, including STEM, law, business, and medicine
International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by November 15, 2019, and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Up to five International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships are renewable for a second year; fellows will receive application information for this competitive program.
Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated a commitment to women and girls. Recipients return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community
- Have citizenship in a country other than the United States or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the United States
- Hold an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2019
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2019, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application
- Applicants must pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Must be proficient in English with the TOEFL test- Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT); 60 for Revised TOEFL paper-delivered Test
Preference will be given to the following candidates:
- Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Benefits and Value of the International Scholarship
- Membership with AAUW means you are part of a community dedicated to changing the climate for women and girls. It also means you have access to some great discounts and special services exclusively offered to members.
- Master’s/first professional degree: USD 18,000
- Doctoral: USD 20,000
- Postdoctoral: USD 30,000
Start here to apply for AAUW Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants for women
American Association of University Women (AAUW)Educational Foundation Fellowships and Grants is available for women who are not US citizens or Permanent resident in the United States for 2012-2013 academic year. Priority is given to…