Application is Open for 10th Africa – Europe Training Course for Youth Organisations 2014
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe is organising the 10th Africa-Europe Training Course for Youth Organisations
in Nairobi-Kenya, from 25th January to 1st February 2015. The training course is organised in partnership with the European Youth Forum, the Pan African Youth Union and the Network of International Youth organisations in Africa. The activity is organised in the framework of the Joint Management Agreement between the European Commission – EuropeAid Co-operation Office and the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe.
- Building capacity of multipliers in youth organisations in Europe and Africa with the necessary skills to develop and run Africa-Europe co-operation programmes;
- An informal network of youth leaders and organisations with an interest in developing Africa Europe co-operation and actively committed to the strengthening of Civil Society;
- An increase in understanding and dialogue between young people, and their organisations, in European and African countries;
- An increase in the understanding of the cultural, social, economic and political context of the Africa Europe relations;
- An increase in the understanding of the instruments to follow-up and implement the new framework of the Africa–EU Strategic Partnership and the Africa Europe Youth Summits final declarations (such as the Action Plan and the AEYP);
- Increment regional and international partnerships
- Be representatives of youth organisations in Europe and Africa.
- Should be a key multiplier playing an active role within a youth organisation, network or service at national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- Seeking gender balance;
- Diverse social and geographical background (including disadvantaged and minority groups);
- Aged between 18 and 30;
- Have already some qualification or experience in terms of international youth work;
- Be committed to attend the full duration of the course and be supported by a youth organisation or service;
- Be able to present the context of their work, their way of tackling problems, the challenges they meet;
- Be able to work and communicate in English/French.
DEADLINE: 5th November, 2014
To apply and for more information visit here