NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2020/2021 for Undergraduate Nigerian Students
The NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Scheme is now open for application for undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
Application Deadline: 28th August 2020.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Undergraduates in universities in Nigeria
To be taken at: Nigerian Universities
Accepted Subject Areas: The NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship is open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying any of the under listed courses in Universities within Nigeria.
- Agricultural Science
- Chemical / Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Geoscience / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
- Process Control Engineering
About NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship:Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) and its co-venture partners hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2019 NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. It provides yearly grant to the successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their degree programme.
Eligibility: Applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship.
*Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Number of Scholarships: Several
Scholarship Worth: Grant for the remainder of student’s Program
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
How to Apply:
Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, and not more than 200 kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Academic results for 100 level
To apply, follow the steps below:
- 1.Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- 2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- 3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- 4. Click on
- to return to Scholarship site
- 5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- 6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- 7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- 8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- 9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- 10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
- 11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- 12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- 13. Return to
- , enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- 14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6
- , to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- 16. Return to
- and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board