African Union Scholarship for Female Students in Africa, 2014
The Commission of the African Union is offering Scholarship for female students to study at reputable African Universities. This scholarship programme is for postgraduate level in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education Science (STEME). The master programs are of two years duration; while the PhD programme are of three years duration.
Eligible Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded in following fields of study; Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Education Science.
The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high caliber African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-African mobility of students. The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in leading African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation. To encourage the participation of young African female students at postgraduate level, for Masters and PhD programmes in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Education Science (STEME), the Commission of the African Union is offering the second Special Call for Scholarship Applications (For Female Applicants Only) to study in reputable African Universities.
Scholarship type: Scholarships are awarded to pursue postgraduate level for Masters and PhD programmes at African Universities.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be a Female Citizen of an African Union Member State.
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years for Masters Programmes; and under forty (40) years for PhD Programmes.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours for a Masters’ Programme; and a holder of masters’ degree in the relevant field for a PhD Programme. The degree must be from a reputable University
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
- Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters or PhD programme in a recognized university of an African Union Member State.
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: not specified
Duration of Scholarship: The Masters programme should be of two years duration; while the PhD programme should be of three years duration.
To be taken in: Africa
Application Deadline: Applicants can apply for this scholarship till 31st May 2014.
Offered Annually? Yes
How to Apply
Applications for the scholarships must be submitted via post and electronically. Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: The Commission of the African Union