Deadline Extended! How to Apply for YouWiN Business Plan Competition 2014
Note: The application deadline of the 2014 YouWIN business plan competition has been extended to 13th February 2015
With YouWIN, turn your entrepreneurial aspirations into reality. YouWiN! stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. It is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas. YouWiN! 4 is the fourth edition and will feature men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria between the ages of 18 to 45. The first round of the competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses. The 2012 (second) round of the entrepreneurial scheme – YouWIN Women, was designed exclusively for female entrepreneurs, age 45 or less. The third edition was open for all Nigerians within the age limit.
The Fourth Edition of YouWIN is now Open for Application. Submission of YOUWIN 4 application commenced on Monday 17th November 2014 to close on 30 January 2015 – extended to 13 February
Specific Objectives of the Programme:
- Attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria;
- Provide a one time Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;
- Generate 80,000 to 110,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented;
- Provide business training for up to 6,000 aspiring youth entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria;
- Encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses in Nigeria; and,
- Enable young entrepreneurs to access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility.
Who Can Apply?
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
Submission of first stage applications will close on Friday, 30 January 2015 – extended to 13 February
How to Register
Register here You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.
Complete New Business Application: Once you have successfully registered, Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and return to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send your application. You can submit only ONE application.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…