Application still Open for Doodle for Google Contest 2013: My Kenya
Contest Name: Doodle for Google 2013: My Kenya
About The Contest
Doodle 4 Google is a program that invites students to use their artistic talents to think big and redesign Google’s homepage logo for millions to see. This year, in celebration of Kenya’s Jubilee year, the search giant is challenging students all across Kenya to design their own “doodle” using the theme “My Kenya”.
Scholarship Type: Design Competition
Who can participate?
The Doodle 4 Google competition is open to all students aged 6-18 attending standard 1-8, high school or secondary school or the equivalent in Kenya.
The competition is divided into three class groups:
- Standard 1-4 or equivalent
- Standard 5-8 or equivalent
- High school or secondary school form 1-4 or equivalent
Semifinalists: Google T-shirts, certificates, featured on Doodle 4 Google website.
Finalists: All semifinalist prizes, plus Android phones, trip to award ceremony in Nairobi.
National Finalists: All prizes above plus Android tablet device, T-shirts with their doodles.
National Winner: All prizes above, plus their doodle on the homepage for 24 hours, a KES 800,000 school fee scholarship, KES 800,000 technology grant for their school.
Additional prizes for faculty: The schools producing 5 or more semi finalists will be awarded an Android tablet device for the teacher who is named (or if more than one teacher is named most often) on the semi finalists’ entry forms.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
Submission Deadline: has been extended until August 2, 2013!
Offered annually? Not specified
How to Apply
Visit Google webpage provided below, Complete the entry form, including the title and supporting statement alongside the doodle and post them no later than Friday, August 2nd.
All materials should be neatly attached, clearly indicating the student’s name, and should be sent to:
Doodle for Google, All About Marketing Ltd., P.O. Box 582, Postal Code: 00606, Nairobi
OR drop your entries at any G4S Branch in Kenya by the deadline and clearly mark the address above with following additional information:Account No: A00345, Ngong Town Office or call 0723 352 679 or 020 3861618.
Visit competitions webpage for details to apply
Selection of winners
- 200 Semifinalists will be selected across all class groups.
- 30 Finalists will be selected by our expert panel of judges, 10 from each class group.
- 3 National finalists will be selected by a round of public voting online and 1 National Winner will then be selected by our official Google doodle team.
- The announcement will take place at the awards ceremony in Nairobi, which will be attended by all of the finalists.
- The winning doodle will be displayed on the google.co.ke homepage for 24 hours in September 2013.
May 9 – August 2nd
August 3rd – August 9th
Selection of finalists
August 10th – September 6th
Public online voting