TWAS-USM Scientists Fellowships for Developing Countries, in Malaysia – Offered Annually
The Annual TWAS-USM Visiting Scholar Fellowships in natural sciences is being offered to scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in natural sciences.
The Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of three months at a school/department of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). The language of instruction is English.
USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 55 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences and a regular research assignment with at least five years of postdoctoral research experience.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from a department, laboratory or institute at USM
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
How to Apply
Submitting your application
Download the application form from the link at the bottom of page from link below.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from a USM school/department and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS and USM The subject line must contain: USM/VS/ candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
Applicants to the TWAS-USM Visiting Scholar Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and USM (by post, fax or email).
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
Scholarship Application Deadline
15 September of each year
Visit Scholarship Webpage for more details on how to apply for next round