Applications for University Recommended Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2024/2025 for International Students are now open.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2023 (Application opens 10th Oct)
Type: Masters, Doctorate
Eligibility: International students with outstanding academic records (*1) who wish to enter Japan in September, 2023 as a new student (*2) to study in the Master’s or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science.
- (*1) Applicants who have already graduated from their latest degree program should have a final grade point of 2.30 or higher, while current students should have a grade point of 2.30 or higher for their current courses, and both should be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
* Grade points shall be calculated according to a formula specified by MEXT.
Furthermore, students must meet one of the criteria given under “(7) Language Proficiency” given below.
- (*2) Please refer to (11) Non-eligibility 5. to confirm your eligibility.
Eligible Countries: International (To see the list of priority nationalities, please click here).
To be Taken at (Country): Japan
Number of Awards: The number of applicants to be nominated by the Graduate School of Science to the University of Tokyo, as well as the number to be subsequently nominated by the University of Tokyo to MEXT, shall be finalized after the application period has closed. In the last round (application for 2020 entrance) each Graduate School was allowed to nominate at most one applicant, and the University of Tokyo was allowed to nominate at most three applicants to MEXT.
Value of Award:
- Traveling Costs
- School Fees
Duration of Award: For a recipient who will enroll in a Master’s Program or Doctoral Program, the scholarship will be payable for the standard period of time necessary for the recipient to complete his or her program (standard course term), starting from October 2024.
- Master’s Program = October, 2024 – September, 2026 (2years)
- Doctoral Program = October, 2024 – September, 2027 (3years)
(2)Extension of the Scholarship Period
How to Apply: Applicants must send in the required documents for MEXT Scholarship as well as complete their admission application for entering the Master’s/Doctoral Program, following the “Instruction for Graduate School Application for International Students”.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.