INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarships 2021/2022 for Sub-Saharan African Students
The INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship is offered for candidates who are nationals of a sub-Saharan African country and have spent a substantial part of their lives and received part of their prior education in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
July 2021 Class:
- Applications Open: 6 December 2019
- Deadline: 23 December 2019
- Applications Open: 14 February 2020
- Deadline: 2 March 2020
December 2021 Class:
- Applications Open: 10 April 2020
- Deadline: 27 April 2020
- Applications Open: 5 June 2020
- Deadline: 22 June 2020
- Applications Open: 24 July 2020
- Deadline: 10 August 2020
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africans
To be taken at (country): INSEAD Business School (With campuses in France, Singapore and Abu Dhabi)
About the Award: To honour the life and work of President Nelson Mandela of South Africa, the INSEAD MBA Class of ’75 created an endowment at their 30th Class Reunion to provide financial support for one or more African participants per year at INSEAD in perpetuity. At their 5th reunion the Class of ’01J contributed to this important scholarship fund, as did the Class of ’97D on the occasion of their 10th reunion and the Class of ’69 at their 40th reunion.
- outstanding academic achievement and promise
- aptitude for business and financial management
- strong likelihood of spending the better part of their working careers in Africa and
- a firm commitment to the goals of African development, understanding amongst peoples and public interest.
- In awarding scholarships, INSEAD shall particularly seek candidates from southern Africa.
To be eligible for the INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship, candidates must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country and have spent a substantial part of their lives and received part of their prior education in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
1).In 350-400 words state why you wish to undertake the INSEAD MBA and why you feel it is relevant to your particular educational needs. Furthermore, explain how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country after graduation and discuss why you should be selected as the Nelson Mandela scholar in your class.
2).In 200 words analyse what you consider to be the most significant issue relating to the society, politics, economics, or culture of your country or region today.
3).In 150-200 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year at INSEAD.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value of Scholarship: Up to €20,000
Duration of Scholarship: 10 to 12 months
How to Apply