ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship 2023 for Developing Countries. Apply below.
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
15th February 2023
Tell Me About Award:
According to an agreement between the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 40 students/scholars from developing countries will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years
What about Eligible Field(s) of Study?
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
10-Social and Economic Sciences
What Countries are Eligible?
Developing countries in the South
Where will Award Take Place?
Who is Eligible?
- Eligible applicants should NOT hold Chinese citizenship;
- Eligible applicants must be nationals of eligible developing countries in the South (Developing Countries in the South | TWAS)
- Eligible applicants should be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For PhD program applicants: you should be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive);
- Eligible applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Eligible applicants should NOT take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If the applicant is currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, s/he will NOT be eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, s/he will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution
You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
What is Value of Award?
|2.||Monthly stipend:6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on whether the awardee has passed the qualification test arranged by the University), up to 48 months|
|4.||Application fee waiver|
|5.||International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)|
The reimbursement/allowance standards and procedure for item 5 and item 6 will comply with TWAS/UNESCO rules and regulations.
Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
All awardees are required to finish centralized training in Chinese language, Chinese culture and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
Any PhD awardee who fails the qualification test or annual assessment will face the consequences including:
• Termination of his/her scholarship;
• Discontinuity of his/her doctoral study;
• Being provided with a certificate of attendance for the period of study undertaken in China but not a formal doctoral degree.
All the awardees are required to abide by Chinese laws and USTC/UCAS regulations and rules.
How to Apply?
The 2023 ANSO Scholarship is open for application on 20th October 2022 (The exact dates might be slightly different for USTC and UCAS, please check their websites for details).
Deadline for Applicants and Referees: 15 February 2023 (Beijing Time)
1. Application Materials
- For USTC applicants, please refer to Application Guideline for Graduate Applicants to USTC (here)
- For UCAS applicants, please refer to the Call for 2023 Doctoral Programs for International Students and the Call for 2023 Master’s Programs for International Students (here)
2. Application Portal
File and submit your application in the USTC/UCAS admission system as requested before the deadline.
When applying, first choose “the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” in your application
Check the box as instructed in the application system to apply for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Scholarship.
Please choose BOTH Young Talents AND then ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Scholarship when applying.
To USTC admission system portal: here
To UCAS admission system portal: here