Study in Japan: Scholarship for International Students by Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2020
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers Scholarship for Graduate Students from Countries other than Japan to study for 2020 academic year.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Japan
Type: Doctoral (PhD), Masters
Eligibility: To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement
1. The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be enrolled by April 2020 or applying for the session starting from April 2020 at a graduate school in Japan. The student who are going to enter in fall 2020 should apply at the next season that application period is April 1 ~ April 30, 2020 (planned).
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional graduate school are not applicable, however, those who can submit a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, the student applying for PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1984. Student applying for Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1989.
5. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
6. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
7. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
Number of Awards: 15 to 20 students
Duration and Value of Programme: The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time
required to complete the intended degree.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc. will be provided with scholarship
How to Apply: Prepare all the documents listed below.
- Enter “web application system” and fill up all the necessary information, and upload the required documents 1) ~ 4) as PDF file.
“Web application system”→ https://entry.hisf.or.jp (This system is available from September 1, 2019)
- When you complete the entry procedure, the application number is issued.
- Successful students’ application numbers are announced in our website. So be advised to save the number you received, carefully.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.