MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship 2023 ($6,000 Prize). Apply below.
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
15th January 2023
What is the Award?
Applications open for the MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship 2023. A Scholarship given each year to female international/DACA students who are accepted or enrolled full-time in a STEM degree program at a program MPOWER funds in the US or Canada.
This scholarship program focuses on women who will use their STEM degree to benefit society and the planet and who have the potential to serve as role models and advocates for women in STEM. This is in keeping with MPOWER’s commitment to empowering high-potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators.
Which Countries are Eligible?
What Type of Award is This?
Who is Eligible?
- Accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- An international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:
For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
How are Applicants Selected?
Winners chosen by MPOWER based on:
- The grade of the applicant’s essay writing; The essays should show strong English writing abilities, appealing goals, and clarity of thought;
- The applicant’s academic and professional distinction (where applicable);
- The possibility of the candidate to significantly advance a STEM discipline that will benefit people or the environment; and
- The candidate’s prior accomplishments and/or ability to serve as an advocate and role model for women and girls
What is the Benefit of Award?
- Grand Prize: $6,000
- Runner-Up: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $1,000
How to Apply: