MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Ashesi University College 2019/2020 – Ghana
Through a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, Ashesi University College will be awarding significant financial support to qualified undergraduate students who need such assistance to pursue bachelors degree.
- Early Deadline: 28th March 2019
- Regular Deadline: 27th June 2019
About the Award: Typically, scholarships are awarded to students from low income and middle income families. Any family that cannot afford the full fees should complete a financial aid application form and return it with their admissions application. The Scholarship Committee will determine the amount of your award on the basis of demonstrated need and the strength of your application.
Watch Tutorial: How to Apply to Win the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Half of the scholarships funded by the Master Card Foundation will be awarded to non-Ghanaians. This scholarship covers not only the full tuition, but also includes housing in Ashesi’s residence halls, meals on campus, a free laptop, spending money and annual trips home for international students after the second year.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Scholarship: Scholars at Ashesi represent some of the best and brightest students from across the African continent, and will receive a holistic education that includes:
- Comprehensive Scholarships: Students receive financial support for fees, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Life-long Skills: Scholars at Ashesi benefit from enrichment in skill areas relevant to success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Transition Support: Scholars will receive support during their transition into Ashesi, and the workforce, with mentoring, career counseling, internships and other life skills coaching.
- Give-Back Component: An integral component s the commitment to give back to their communities. Students will get to actively work on this through volunteer and community service opportunities.
- Career Opportunities : Since Ashesi’s inception, some 90% of our graduates have stayed to work and contribute to growth and development in Africa; over 95% our graduates receive job offers within months of graduation.
- A Global Alumni Network: Graduates of the Programme will be connected through a network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to learn from other scholars and Ashesi graduates around the world.
Duration of Program: 4 years
How to apply:
Submit your Completed Forms:
Ashesi University College
PMB CT3, Cantonments,
Scan completed application and email to: [email protected]
Ashesi University College,
1 University Avenue,
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details.
Important Note: The admissions office can only process your application upon receipt of the proof of payment. The university is not liable for payments transferred into the wrong account or those which may not, due to bank error, reflect in Ashesi’s bank account.