American University of Beirut MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program 2020/2021 for Sub-Saharan African Students
American University of Beirut MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program are running Masters Scholarships for students in Sub-saharan Africa 2020/2021.
Application Deadline: 18th March, 2020
Offered Annually: Yes
About the Award: American University of Beirut (AUB) and The MasterCard Foundation have partnered to provide scholarships to students at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
Watch how to Apply to Win the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
This $9 million scholarship program will enable young adults who are sensitive to their communities’ concerns and proactive in their environment to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences at AUB. In addition to full scholarships and living expenses, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at AUB will benefit from intensive preparatory courses, mentoring, career counselling, and internships at institutions and organizations relevant to their field of study. A give-back component is incorporated into the program, which allows students to contribute to their communities through several volunteer projects and activities.
Eligibility: Graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- R efugee and displaced living in Lebanon
- Academic promise
- Financial disadvantage
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
Program Benefits: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be offered:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
How to Apply:
- Complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form after creating an account.
- Upload supporting documents as per the requirements indicated on the online application.
- Once you reach the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program box in the application, click on “Apply” in order to recieve the financial survey link specific to this scholarship that needs to be filled and submitted before the application deadline.