Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator 2022 for African Startups
When is Application Deadline?
15th August 2022
Tell Me About Award:
Innovate Now has helped to launch 21 African assistive tech ventures over four acceleration cycles. African start-ups receive mentorship, learning and expert guidance over a 3-6 month period to create market fit, scalable and investable Assistive Technologies (AT).
- Active learning: A programme of learning centred around user, market, product and business development
- Mentorship: Hands on mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs, product developers and disability experts
- Live labs: Clinical partners to help you understand, validate and test AT products and services with disabled individuals
- Events: Entrepreneur keynotes showcase the realities, success and challenges of venture building
- Demo day: Pitch to a panel of judges, and an audience of investors, entrepreneurs and leaders in AT
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply?
- Innovation-driven startups who are improving access to assistive technology through digital means or offering digital assistive technology solutions across education, healthcare, livelihoods and other sectors.
- Innovative, execution focused-agile problem solvers
- Authentic mission-driven founder(s)
- Teams with a culture of empathy, continuous learning and problem solving
- Structured and efficient teams (defined ownership, commitment, roles and accountability) and organisation (systems, processes and resources)
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
- Access to Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts in assistive technology and entrepreneurship.
- Access to our growing network of Live Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across East Africa.
- Access to our investor network and investor readiness programs and our funding ecosystem e.g. AT Impact Fund, innovation advisory and investment and Norwegian community of practice.
- Technical Assistance: tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup to succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
- Access to our global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporations and NGOs.
How Long is the Program?
How to Apply for Program?
This post was last modified on August 8, 2022 5:16 pm