Rwanda Cambridge Masters & PhD Scholarships 2017/2018 – UK
Brief Description: Scholarship for Rwandan Postgraduate – Masters and PhD – Students at the University of Cambridge in UK
Application Deadline: 1st December, 2016 (annual)
The Ministry of Education, Rwanda and the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust has agreed to offer a New postgraduate scholarship for Rwandan students to study at University of Cambridge in UK. The scholarship is available for postgraduate degree courses starting in October. Candidates may apply for either a 1-year taught postgraduate degree (Masters) or for a 3-year research degree (PhD). Applications are welcomed in any subject, but priority will be given to subjects that contribute to the development of Rwanda. Applications open on 1 September, and must be submitted before 1 December.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- be citizens of Rwanda
- hold a first degree from a recognized university
- gain admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way, and fulfil all admission requirements to the University
- be working in, or intend to work in, higher education institutes or public administration in Rwanda
- Priority will be given to applications in subjects that contribute to the development of Rwanda.
- Applicants should be working in, or intend to work in, higher education institutes or public administration in Rwanda.
- Successful candidates will be asked to sign an agreement to return to and work in Rwanda after completion of their course of study in Cambridge.
- Successful PhD candidates will also be expected to return annually to Rwanda for short periods to share their experiences or contribute in other ways.
- University Composition Fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person)
- Annual return travel between Rwanda and the UK
Number of Awardees: Up to 5 scholarships may be awarded each year.
For more details and how to apply for this scholarship, visit Scholarship Webpage
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them