EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs Course 2023 for Eastern African Entrepreneurs. Apply below!
When is Application Deadline?
6th March 2023
Tell Me About Award:
WE ARE LIVE! We are now accepting applications for EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs, the new online course specifically for entrepreneurs and innovators of EdTech products aiming to leverage the best available evidence to improve teaching and learning outcomes in Africa. This is a selective, cohort-based course offered for FREE by EdTech Hub and supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Jacobs Foundation, and UKAid. It aims to help entrepreneurs bring evidence to the development of EdTech products by applying research on how children learn, what good teaching looks like, and how products should be designed with users in mind.
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply for the EdTech Evidence for– Entrepreneurs— Sub-Saharan Africa cohort-based course starting in March 2023, if the following apply:
- You are developing or have developed a Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) focused EdTech product or service for pre-primary and/or primary-level teachers and learners in a Sub-Saharan Africa country. More information on the pedagogical areas where your FLN-focused EdTech product might fit can be found here. Additionally, you can find examples of FLN focused EdTech products from our pilot cohort here.
- You might have your own company (entrepreneur) or work inside an organisation (intrapreneur) where you are leading the development of the EdTech product or service.
- You are based in a Sub-Saharan Africa country.
- You have access to the internet and a laptop that would allow you to seamlessly interact with the course.
- You are eager and available to actively participate in the course with peers and experts for approx. 5 hours per week during the six-week journey.
- You have professional proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
What is the Benefit of Award?
The course will deliver practical and rigorous training through engaging video and text content, personalised coaching sessions, peer-to-peer learning, live masterclasses with EdTech experts, and more. Entrepreneurs and innovators can use the course to give their products the best chance at making measurable change for students, teachers, and education systems in sub-Saharan Africa.
Additionally, entrepreneurs selected to join the course will receive a certificate of recognition on the successful completion of the course and be eligible for a monetary award to go towards supporting the evidence-building and capacity development for their EdTech product.
We are now accepting applications for the first cohort; classes for this cohort will begin on 26 September 2022. This cohort will be engaging developers from East African countries. Subsequent cohorts will focus on additional regions in Africa: Western Africa (January–February 2023) and Southern Africa (March–April 2023).
How Long will Award Last?
Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Jacobs Foundation, and UK Aid, the course is intended to help you improve your FLN focused EdTech product by offering practical, evidence-based lessons from fellow entrepreneurs, industry experts, and education leaders.