UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program 2022 for Africa & Germany
The new UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program invites people from african countries and germany to explore the history of colonialism!
When is the Application Deadline:
25th July 2022
Tell Me About UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program:
The new UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program invites people from african countries and germany to explore the history of colonialism from different perspectives and to engage with our postcolonial present. you will develop projects in the fields of culture, education and sustainability that you can implement together in germany.
In the kulturweit Tandem project, two participants – one from an African country and one from Germany – reappraise the history of colonialism and its effects on the present. Together you develop anti-racism projects that you can implement in theatres, museums and schools, in charities, initiatives or companies in Germany.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program?
- You can apply for the first round of kulturweit’s Tandem programme if you are of age and live in Germany, Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Namibia or Togo.
- You must have a basic knowledge of German as well as French or English. You should have excellent knowledge of one of the three languages.
- Keenness for international exchange
- Curiosity and openness to other people and places
- Sense of responsibility and independence
- Enjoyment of volunteering
- Willingness to commit to full-time work (i.e. 38.5 to 40 hours a week) and to integrate into a team
- Interest in the history of colonialism, postcolonialism and the critique of racism
- Pleasure in project work
Which Countries are Eligible for UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program?
Germany, Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Namibia or Togo.
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Scholarship?
Through the kulturweit Tandem project, you are making a contribution to a world without discrimination. You will gain international experience, let your creativity run free during the project phase and build a network that you can stay involved with for a long time to come.
How Long will the Program Last?
The programme consists of a two-month language course in your country, a four-week seminar on the African continent and a three-month project phase in Germany. All participants receive financial support and educational guidance.
How to Apply for UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange Program: