Commonwealth SharedSOAS Masters Scholarships Faculty of Arts & Humanities 2016/2017
Application Deadline: 24 February 2016 | Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London offers scholarship for EU/UK and Overseas students in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities 2016/2017
Subject Areas: Any full-time taught masters programmes in Faculty of Arts and Humanities
There are five SOAS Master’s scholarships available in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities (Department of Anthropology and Sociology – 1 scholarship, History – 1 scholarship, History of Arts& Archaeology/Music & Media – 2 scholarships, Study of Religions – 1 scholarship). Each scholarship is valued at £15,957 in total. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder will be used toward maintenance.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Masters Scholarship
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members of the Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statements and other relevant information.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
Number of Scholarships: Five (5)
Benefits: Each scholarship is valued at £15,568 in total
Eligible Countries: UK/EU and Overseas students
To be taken at (country): School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form.
Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Sponsors: School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London
Visit Scholarship webpage for details
Important Notes: All candidates will be notified by email regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of June. Successful candidates will also be notified in writing. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them