University of Debrecen currently welcomes 2000+ Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship students from 60+ countries worldwide.
Table of Contents
When is the Application Deadline:
15th January 2023
Tell Me About University of Debrecen International Scholarship:
For the academic year of 2023/24, yet another 1000+ applicants received the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship and will study at the University of Debrecen for free.
Apply and be part of a great international student community in the heart of Europe!
What is Stipendium Hungaricum?
Stipendium Hungaricum, being the most prestigious higher education full scholarship programme of the Hungarian Government, offers a wide range of courses for international students of excellent academic track record.
Which Fields are Eligible?
- Bachelor and Master programs: First, please make sure you look for your country here to see the sending partner as well as the available study fields for students from your country. Then you can download the list of bachelor and master programs by country that will be available for the 2023/2024 academic year.
- PhD/doctorate programs: You can find here the doctoral schools and supervisors of the University of Debrecen.
- After checking if the program you’re interested in is available within the frame of the scholarship, browse the Programs offered by the University of Debrecen!
- Use our Stipendium Program Finder and find easier to which University of Debrecen programs you can apply for in the frame of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship!
- Select your country below to see the list of the available programs!
- Please note that this tool is developed to support you, but the official documents can always be found on the www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu website, so always double-check your selection!
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Bachelor, Master, PhD
Who can apply for University of Debrecen International Scholarship?
See full eligibility of all study types here
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (non-degree studies, bachelor, master, doctoral level) including both full time and partial study programmes
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of University of Debrecen International Scholarship?
- Free tuition for the entire duration of studies, no application or exam fee
- Monthly grant for students of Bachelor, Master or PhD program
- Contribution to accommodation
- Free medical insurance for the entire duration of a BSc, MSc or PhD program
- You may work part-time as a student (max. 20hrs a week), but you will not earn a full living wage
Please note that you will need some extra resources for plane tickets, private accommodation, living costs, books and study materials!
How Long will the Program Last?
- Bachelor programmes: Fulltime: 2-4 years. Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Master programmes: Fulltime: 1.5-2 years. Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- One-tier master programmes: Fulltime: 5-6 years Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Doctoral programmes: Fulltime: 2+2 years Partial: 1 or 2 semesters
- Preparatory course in Hungarian language: 1 year
- Other preparatory and specialisation courses: up to 1 year
How to Apply for University of Debrecen International Scholarship:
If you are ready to submit your application for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, please visit this website.
In case you apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for 2023/24 and you are not interested in the self-financed studies please do not fill the UD online form, there is no need to submit your application to the University of Debrecen directly.
Please make sure to submit your documents through the Tempus Public Foundation’s online system: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu. In case you are nominated by your home country we will automatically receive your application from Tempus Public Foundation.
For further information (including additional, program specific requirements) read carefully the Call for Applications for bachelors, masters, one-tier masters and non-degree programs 2023/2024.On page 12-13 you will find what documents need to be uploaded with the application. Please note that IELTS is not compulsory, we accept other language exam certificates of the required level as well.