The Vijana Legislative Assembly-Tanzania is a platform that builds up to the East African Youth Parliament initiated by Faraja Africa Foundation.
1st October 2021
Vijana is a Swahili word to mean youth, and the assembly is aimed at fostering safe spaces for increased youth participation in parliamentary and legislative processes, civic and political affairs within the EAC partner states.
This is a call for participants in Tanzania to join in and be part of processes that contribute to the strengthening of participatory decision-making that enables pursuits for employment and increased access to empowering social services for the youth in Tanzania on the 15th October 2021. We are proud to partner with Voice of Youth Tanzania, Tunaweza and other partners.
The 2021 Legislative Assembly Sitting will engage 100 youth in leadership both physical (30) and (70) in Virtually all regions in Tanzania.
The Vijana Legislative Assembly aims at:
Creating a safe and inclusive youth space for decision-making on democratic and political issues.
Increase youth participation in policymaking, developing of youth-focused policies, and increasing youth civic engagement and advocacy.
Draw the attention of key decision-makers to the issues pertinent to young people’s livelihood and affirmative Government funding to minimize the effects of the COVID pandemic on youth.
Ensure follow-up on the progress and actions are taken on issues raised in the 1st Vijana Legislatve Assembly (2020) including an inbuilt accountability mechanism that ensures that issues of the young people have a result-driven focus as well.
1. Develop strategies for enhancing the quality of youth engagements in political processes at all levels and improving youth development and mentoring opportunities for effective engagements in civic and political decision-making processes
1. A Resident of Tanzania aged between 18-35years.
2. A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in business, entrepreneurship, civic engagement, or public/government service.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and interest in social justice issues affecting youth in Tanzania.
4. Understanding of the Focus and Goals of the Vijana Legislative Assembly of Tanzania Sitting.
5. Fully tested and are COVID19 free 24hrs to the event (for physical participants)
The 2021 Program will engage 100 youth in leadership both physical (30) and (70) in Virtually all regions in Tanzania.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (LINK)
This post was last modified on September 28, 2021 12:21 pm