South African Police Service (SAPS) Internships 2021 for Unemployed South Africans
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for a twelve (12) month Graduate Recruitment Scheme at Division Supply Chain Management.
When is the Application Deadline:
30th September 2021
Tell Me About the South African Police Service (SAPS) Internships:
The Graduate Recruitment Scheme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the South African Police Service (SAPS) Internships You (must):
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, and never employed in the field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post
- Applicants must be residents of the Province where the post is advertised (proof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) positions and complete separate application forms for each post reference number.
How are Applicants Selected?
Intern categories with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
Student Intern: Practical experience is required by the tertiary institution in order for the learner to finalise qualification (recent letter from the institution must be attached)
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will the Award be Taken?
Various South African Police Service (SAPS) departments
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of the South African Police Service (SAPS) Internship?
Stipend for each category will be as determined by the Divisional Commissioner Human Resource Development: South African Police Service.
How Long will the Program Last?
- 12 months
- Graduate Recruitment Scheme of the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
How to Apply for South African Police Service (SAPS) Internships:
- Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and *proof of residence.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered *only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, and not a statement of results.