Shoprite Hustle Competition 2021 for South African Small Businesses
Applications for Shoprite Hustle Competition are now open for South African small businesses.
When is Application Deadline?
19th September 2021 at 12a.m. (midnight)
Winners will be announced from 27 September to 31 October 2021.
Tell me about Shoprite Hustle Competition:
Mzansi, we’re passionate about supporting you and your small business! The Shoprite Hustle Competition is focused on boosting small businesses in South Africa.
After a careful selection process, 20 small business owners will walk away with an extra R50 000 in cash, a Dell laptop, and a Startup Circles business mentorship programme to the value of R30 000 to help grow their business.
Simply tell us about your small business and who knows – you could receive an R80 000 boost! Enter now and stand a chance to become one of our winning Hustle entrepreneurs.
Type of Award?
Who is Eligible for the Shoprite Hustle Competition?
- We’ll ask you a few questions about yourself and your business. You will also be asked to upload official documents verifying your business.
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents who are 18 (Eighteen) years or older and are in possession of a valid identity document, passport or document of proof of South African residency.
- Any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members may not enter or participate in this promotional competition and will automatically be disqualified upon entry.
What are the Selection Criteria?
To qualify for entry and stand a chance to win, you must meet the following criteria:
You must be…
- 18 years or older
- A citizen or permanent resident of South Africa
Your business must be…
- In operation for at least 6 months
You must submit the following with your entry:
- A certified copy of your South African identity document or valid passport
- Proof of your bank account details that is no older than 3 months
- 3 or more high-quality photos of you and your business
Please note that any entries that do not meet all criteria will be disqualified.
Which countries are eligible for the Shoprite Hustle Competition?
Where will Award be given?
How Many Awards are available?
- A total of 20 (Twenty) winners will be selected by the judging panel.
- The finalists will be vetted by the panel of judges and winners will be announced in the respective print publications and social media platforms from 27 September 2021 until 31 October 2021.
- Participants must enter their correct/legible contact details. If a winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner in terms of these rules.
What is the Benefit of Shoprite Hustle Competition?
The prize per Winner includes:
a. A R50 000.00 (Fifty Thousand Rand) cash injection into the winner’s business from the Promoter;
b. R5000.00 (Five Thousand Rand) worth of media exposure in Shoprite’s print publications and on its social media platforms;
c. Dell laptop (Dell Inspiron 15.6”, 4GB 500GB + windows 10, 1 year in home repair), laptop bag, Dell USB mouse and Microsoft 365 1yr subscription; and
d. Access to the 12-month Startup Circles Ignition mentorship programme.
How can I apply for Shoprite Hustle Competition?
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.