World Energy Day (WED) Youth Innovation Challenge 2021
Applications are open for the World Energy Day (WED) Youth Innovation Challenge 2021
Application Deadline: 30th July 2021.
- Project nominations by 6th August 2021
- Projects will be shortlisted by 13th August 2021 and the qualifying teams notified
- Qualified projects will then be required to send their video pitch between 20th and 27th August 2021
- Final live project pitch and selections to be concluded by 10th September 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by17th September 2021. The candidates will prepare to showcase their projects for final judgment during the World Energy Day Conference between 20th to 22nd October 2021
- The project budgets must not exceed Ksh. 100,000 (or $1,000)
- Projects will be assessed based on innovativeness, originality, social impact as well as economic viability.
- Participants must be university/college students, or recent graduates not more than 3 years after graduation, and under 30 years of age.
- The team should have 1-3 team members and can have team members from diverse backgrounds e.g. engineering, computer programmes, marketing-related courses, etc.
Value of Award:
- 3 months internship
- Incubation of ideas and commercialization
- Shopping vouchers
- Holiday experience
- Cash prizes
How to Apply: REGISTER
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.