TOEFL Merit Scholarship Program 2013 to study at University of your choice
Scholarship name: TOEFL® Merit Scholarship program
Do you know that you can be awarded a TOEFL scholarship to study abroad at your choice university by having a good score in the TOEFL® test even as a student from an African countries?
The TOEFL® scholarship program is designed to reward TOEFL test takers for achieving academic excellence, exhibiting leadership skills, performing extracurricular activities and demonstrating English-communication proficiency. The TOEFL® scholarship can help you study at any of the 8,500+ institutions listed in the TOEFL® Destinations Directory (link below).
To be eligible to win a TOEFL scholarship, a student must:
- currently live in the region from where you are applying
- begin undergraduate or graduate study in 2013 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destinations Directory
- hold a grade point average of at least 80 or higher on a 100-point scale or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- have a valid TOEFL test score
- complete the application form online and upload your transcripts
The TOEFL Scholarship Program rewards students who have high academic achievement as well as:
- ability to communicate in English
- demonstrated leadership skills
- participation in extracurricular activities, such as community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays
TOEFL scholarships are categorized into three regions:
Asia and Oceania,
North and South America, and Europe,
Middle East, Africa and Russia.
These three regions cover every country worldwide. If you are unsure of what region your country belongs to, please see the map (PDF).
Scholarship award funds for students who will be studying abroad are applied to their tuition fees only after the student has registered with the institution and arrived on campus.
How to Apply
The scholarship application system will open early 2013 on the TOEFL® website. But you have to take the TOEFL test to participate in the scholarship. You are also expected to gain an admission into the University of your choice (TOEFL is not responsible for your admission into your choice institution.
The deadline is April 30, 2013.